Complaint Review: PEDIGREE PUPPIES FOR SALE BELFAST - COMPLETE SCAM

• Updated: Mon, December 29, 2008

• Reported By:Cambridge Other
PEDIGREE PUPPIES FOR SALE BELFAST - COMPLETE SCAM
ALL ADDRESSES GIVEN WERE FAKE Internet United Kingdom

PEDIGREE PUPPIES FOR SALE BELFAST - COMPLETE SCAM Freeads advert promised CHEAP PUPPIES - A completely fake scam BELFAST AND LONDON Internet

I have been lucky enough to work out that this was a scam and pass on my suspicions to Crime Stoppers and the Police. Wanted to leave a msg out there to prevent others being taken in by this scam.

Free ads (linked to the sun.co.uk) website was advertising Chow Chow Puppies for sale @ 200 each. Told me to email for more info. The email addresses were all yahoo.com or hotmail.com (the police say that this is so that they are untraceable). I thought that this was an offer that couldn't be missed...most pups go for 900+. The person on the other end sent me some gorgeous pictures of the puppies and told me that they were free to a good home after his partner had died and his work commitments were becoming too much.

This all seemed legitimate until I found that his actual address was not that listed on the website and that he was located in Belfast. "Work commitments" he explained as I asked how I'd get the dogs over to me in the UK. He referred to using an animal courier. I pressed for the name. He said the "Animal Transport Service" in Belfast.

Searching on the internet for the provider, I soon came across some links that told a similar story of dog and cat scams. And no sign of the "Animal Transport Service". I phoned him and he told me that their website had gone down. At this point I picked up the phone and rang the police. They had heard of similar scams run before by a Nigerian group of people based in London.

He later emailed me a link to an alternative courier - Ipata Pets. Out of curiosity, I rang the contact number and when I asked to have a dog transported, I heard the distant screams of an African woman and was promptly hung up on.

Needless to say I have pulled out the deal, with no money lost but sadly no dog. All I want now if for others to know about this so that I can feel justice is being done on such an awful scam and conartist.

Annie
Cambridge
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2008 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PEDIGREE-PUPPIES-FOR-SALE-BELFAST-COMPLETE-SCAM/internet/PEDIGREE-PUPPIES-FOR-SALE-BELFAST-COMPLETE-SCAM-Freeads-advert-promised-CHEAP-PUPPIES--405701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PEDIGREE PUPPIES FOR SALE BELFAST - COMPLETE SCAM