Complaint Review: PEOPLEPC

• Reported By:Hagerstown Maryland
PEOPLEPC
peoplepc.com Nationwide U.S.A.

PEOPLEPC peoplepc is a scam! RIP OFF! liars! Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Earthlink contact information.

*Consumer Suggestion: I have a suggestion that might help??

I noticed a charge from peoplepc thismorning being debited from my checking account. I called them as I have never had service with them. In searching thru my records I found that they have been charging my checking account for the past four months. I was adv by a rep (in another country) that the info on the account is mine except for the date of birth. so... not only does someone out there have my debit card number but my full name and address. Peoplepc told me they would cancel the account effective 7/15/08 mind you today is 6/18/08 that means that someone can continue using this fruadulant account in my name for another month! I am irate! Not to mention they will not credit my account for any of the charges over the past four months. I have been told by 3 reps and 2 managers that they can not credit money to anyone for any reason. The only thing they can do is give me "free service" which I know is a bunch of CRAP! The last supervisor told me that they have NO call centers or "humans" that I could speak with in the United States. They only have employees off shore. Now I have NEVER used peoplepc as I have cable internet and nor will I ever use them. It's just beyond me how a company can tell you that someone has commited fraud in your name but they arent going to do a darn thing about it.

Jill
Hagerstown, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2008 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PEOPLEPC/nationwide/PEOPLEPC-peoplepc-is-a-scam-RIP-OFF-liars-Atlanta-Georgia-341537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PEOPLEPC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Earthlink contact information.

AUTHOR: Nyahbee - (U.S.A.)

This was a pain to get a hold of, so happy to share!

Call Earthlink's executive customer service line [they own PeoplePC] to resolve your issue.

1-866-526-2963

corp headquarters
100 pine street
11th floor
San Francisco, Ca 94111

They had charged me for months of service even though I never initiated it, and when I called PeoplePC's customer service they told me nothing could be done, but then I called the number above and they refunded those fraudulent charges for me.

Also be sure to register your complaint with your attorney general, the FTC and BB among others!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I have a suggestion that might help??

AUTHOR: Insomniarules1 - (U.S.A.)

I work in customer service, not for these people, but for another company. I am sorry to hear when these things happen, it is such a pain for everyone involved. Unfortunately all the information on the account matches your information that is connected to the account (other than your DOB). What we would suggest you do is to file a police report for fraudulent use of your credit card/identity theft. Also, report this to your credit card carrier and they can put an alert on your account.

I know this is difficult, but PeoplePC isn't the one that has stolen from you - the person that used your information is the one that has stolen from you. This company is a victim as well - they provided a service to someone and are now being told that this isn't a valid account - this is considered theft of services, since whomever originated this account is using their service and you want your money back. With the filing of a police report, they should be able to cancel and refund the account now that it is officially a fraudulent/identity theft issue. I do not know that they will refund you for sure, but this is what my company does in cases such as these.

Please update your report when you have more information, I would be interested in knowing how things worked out for you.

Good luck to you!!