Complaint Review: PEOPLESMART.com

PEOPLESMART.com
P.O. Box 391146 Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

PEOPLESMART.com DECEPTIVE Omaha, Nebraska

*UPDATE Employee: Response from PeopleSmart

*Author of original report: Success!

If you have been ripped off by PeopleSmart.com as I have been, I recommend calling the FTC and filing a report. The number is 877-382-4357. When I contacted PeopleSmart indicating they owed me a refund of $39.95 that they charged my credit card during my "FREE" 7 day trial, they pretty much said "tough".  I signed up and canceled within hours since the information provided was inaccurate and incomplete. (didn't indicate a sex offender conviction). They claimed I ordered a "special" report which I did not. But since they already had my credit card info (part of the sign up process)  they decided to charge me anyway! When I sent them a second email indicating I would be contacting the FTC, within 5 minutes I received an email indicating they would be refunding the charges. However, when speaking with the FTC, they said "believe it when you see it".  We shall see.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2011 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PEOPLESMARTcom/Omaha-Nebraska-68139/PEOPLESMARTcom-DECEPTIVE-Omaha-Nebraska-815000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PEOPLESMART.com

Response from PeopleSmart

AUTHOR: Chelsea-PeopleSmart - (USA)

Hi, we're sorry to hear you didn't find the information you were seeking, but we're glad to hear that our customer service team was able to provide a refund. Rather than contacting the FTC, we would advise users to contact us directly to work toward a solution that is agreeable for everyone. We want to ensure our customers' satisfaction, and we do issue refunds to customers who feel they have been incorrectly charged. If we can be of further assistance, please contact our customer service team at 1-888-813-0008. Thank you!

Success!

AUTHOR: Jane Q Public - (United States of America)

I checked my charge card this morning and my account has been credited. If you have been a victim, I suggest you contact the FTC and file a report.