Complaint Review: PEP BOYS IRONDEQUOIT

• Reported By: Disgusted — East Rochester New York United States of America
PEP BOYS IRONDEQUOIT
RIDGE ROAD IRONDEQUOIT ROCHESTER, New York United States of America

PEP BOYS IRONDEQUOIT SCAM ROCHESTER, New York

I am really sick of auto repair stations attempting to rip customers off.   PEP BOYS is the worse. Here is my story...I  took my vehicle to PEP BOYS for an oil change. They told me that all my gaskets (valve, intake and oil pan) needed to be replaced. Estimate $1500!!  Since these items are consumables on vehicles and my vehicle while purchased brand new and never driven in the winter has 110,000 miles (in excellent condition ( so I thought well maybe they need to be replaced. Before have PEP Boys do the work...I got a 2nd opinion from a friend's trusted mechanic and  Guess What! None of the gaskets needed to be replaced!  I went back to PEP Boys and ranted and raved in front of many customers about how they gave me a $1500 estimate for work that did not need to done. They gave me a little song and dance about how it was probably a tech who gave the estiimate and the master mechanic would have caught it when I had the repairs done!. Yah right. I said...not so that they would have done the job and scammed my $$.  They are out scam and rip people off! The estimate was given by PEP Boys!Their hourly rates are more than the dealerships! I would advise unsuspecting consumers not to take their vehicles to PEP Boys for Anything! Avoid them like the plague!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2011 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PEP-BOYS-IRONDEQUOIT/ROCHESTER-New-York-14617/PEP-BOYS-IRONDEQUOIT-SCAM-ROCHESTER-New-York-759736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PEP BOYS IRONDEQUOIT