Complaint Review: PEP BOYS

• Updated: Sat, August 02, 2014

• Reported By: Robert H. — Athens Georgia
PEP BOYS
3702 Atlanta Hwy Athens, Georgia USA

PEP BOYS - SCAM, LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND IGNORANT REDNECK MANAGER Athens Georgia

DON'T TAKE YOUR VEHICLE HERE!!! THEY TRIED TO CON ME!!!

On 6/20/2014 I took my vehicle to pep boys for an issue with front end suspension a Tech named Adam, suggested replacing the front brakes and to machine the rotors. I paid $316 out of pocket which included a full synthetic oil change and tire rotation. Adam suggested I replace the rear struts and get an alignment, he also noticed the rear wheel tires were wearing unevenly, I suggested prorating the tires and he told me that wouldn't be necessary and I would not have a problem getting the tires replaced at the next oil change. (On a prior visit to the same pep boys location back in April of 2014 I had two tires replaced and an alignment preformed; furthermore, the alignment has a 1 year\12000 mile warranty the vehicle had 97020 miles) I asked Adam about the warranty and he told me the warranty was void due to the brake issues.

So, I scheduled an appointment for the next oil change and struts replacement and asked him if they accepted Max Care, (repair warranty coverage offered by CarMax), he said yes we do, so I scheduled the next appointment on 08/01/2014. Upon leaving my vehicle at this location for inspection and repairs, Adam called me and informed me that Pep Boys doesn't accept Max Care and I would have to call Max Care myself for reimbursement, he also told me, "they would not be able to prorate/replace the tires, but told me that the struts are not in that bad of condition and may not need to be replaced just yet the vehicle is at 99002 miles so you still have a couple of thousand miles before you need to replace them on that type of model." I went back up to this location and to my surprise the mechanic was leaning on my vehicle using his smart phone and not doing any work.

I asked to speak to the manager, T. Mike Walters, I asked him for an explanation for refusing to replace the tires and why didn't they replace the tires during the last visit back in June. His reason for denying the replacement of the tires is due to me not getting a tire rotation in almost 10,000 miles and I should have got the struts replaced and the wheel alignment preformed. Then I told them, "so what your saying is I'm screwed" Adam replied, "pretty much," so I said, "this is some bulls**t, you guys are trying to con me, give me my keys and how much do I owe you for todays visit." The manager told me, "I don't appreciate your language and you can wait outside." I told him, "I am not going anywhere without my keys and my vehicle and there better not be anything wrong with my vehicle or I will be contacting local law enforcement and my attorney. Now, how much do I owe you?" Mike the manager says, "don't get mad at us because you don't take care of your vehicle" he went to the back of the store to the service area to tell the same lazy mechanic to move the vehicle, Mike comes back inside, I asked him again, "HOW MUCH DO I OWE YOU," at first his says, "TWENTY DOLLARS," and then changes his mind and said, "NOTHING JUST GET OUT." The mechanic comes up to the counter and throws the keys on the counter (VERY RUDELY) so, I firmly placed two $10 bills on the counter and told the manager, "I always pay for my services" and left the store.

They are completely unprofessional and I feel that some of the associates at this Pep Boys location are ignorant of vehicle diagnosis. I get my tires rotated at every oil change that is every 3000 - 5000 miles. I have all of my receipts and Invoices to prove everything. I contacted the corporate headquarters in Pennsylvania and I'm awaiting a response.

ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK ANY AND ALL WORK DONE TO YOUR VEHICLE AND KEEP ALL RECORDS

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2014 11:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PEP-BOYS/Athens-Georgia-30606/PEP-BOYS-SCAM-LACK-OF-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-AND-IGNORANT-REDNECK-MANAGER-Athens-Georgia-1166834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PEP BOYS