Complaint Review: PEPBOYS AUTO

• Submitted: Sun, August 03, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 03, 2008

• Reported By:morrow Georgia

I had a four wheel computerized alignment and replaced two front tires on my 2005 Corolla on Nov 30,2007. When I took in this shop, the two front tires were out of alignment, however, the two rear tires were in perfect condition. For just the alignment, Pepboys charged $99.99 for one year corverage compared to $65 or $129 lifetime coverage somewhere else. After six months, I noticed the two rear tires began to wear out.

I took it back and explained to one of managers( Wayne).I tried to reason with him that my rear tires were in excellent condition when I took in but now it is bad. Instead of listening to customer 's concern and explaining the policy, he started talking loud, not listening at all and denied any wrong doing of his shop. He was not even allowing me to finish my comment, instead he blamed everything on my car( hit a rock, tires are too old,etc...)

He told me had to paid the whole price again( two new tires, full alignment). The things which made me mad were denying, irresponsible, not listening, loud communication from this manager( Wayne). I had always taken all my cars to this shop for the services, but not any more.

So beware, Pepboys prices are much higher than anywhere else, management/mechanics are suck( unskilled, unprofessional).

morrow, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2008 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PEPBOYS-AUTO/FOREST-PARK-Georgia-30297/PEPBOYS-AUPEPBOYS-AUTO-UNSKILLED-MECHANIC-BAD-MANAGEMENT-FOREST-PARK-Georgia-358778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PEPBOYS AUTO