Complaint Review: PEPBOYS

• Updated: Sun, January 13, 2013

• Reported By: WGMAC — Levittown New York United States of America
PEPBOYS
15E Old Country Road Hicksville, New York United States of America

PEPBOYS TRANSMISSION FLUID CHANGE AND TRANSMISSION FILTER CHANGE $188.74......THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND DIDN'T DO IT. I AM FURIOUS.... Hicksville, New York

It started on december 22 2012. Took my 2006 Honda CRV for a transmission fluid change and filter. Got home and decided to have a look at it and shore enough the transmission fluid was still black(like the old transmission fluid).

Decided to change it myself after some Youtube videos on how to change transmission fluid and ended up doing it myself. Went back to Pepboys and they told me that since I had done it myself they wouldn't give back my money. They had to check it themselves
 in order to issue a refund. So for a minute I though I had messed up by changing the transmission fluid myself but when I got home I realized that they also charged me for a transmission filter.

Now, if they had changed my transmission filter them the old fluid also had to be drained right? So, tomorrow I am going back there to discuss this situation...... Will not let them rip me off!!!!!!! I will put a good fight for sure.
As for being a customer........never again!!!!!!I am disgusted!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PEPBOYS/Hicksville-New-York-11801/PEPBOYS-TRANSMISSION-FLUID-CHANGE-AND-TRANSMISSION-FILTER-CHANGE-18874THEY-TOOK-996319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PEPBOYS