Complaint Review: PEPBOYS

• Submitted: Wed, January 18, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 19, 2012

• Reported By: Jessie of Vallejo — Vallejo California United States of America
128 Plaza Drive Vallejo, California United States of America

PEPBOYS noise in the brake, recomended that need to work on front and rear brakes in my car. return the car with engine light on and TCS light on. Vallejo, California

On January 16, 2012 brought my car at Pepboys here in Vallejo CA a 10:26 AM to have my 2001 Honda Odyseey check. I hear noise on my brake and asked them to check on it.They called me at 12:09 PM and told that it is necessary that i need to replace almost all the brake parts disc ,pads, drums the whole package because it is already wear. So i agreed to their recomendation. The whole day i waited for their call that my car is ready for pick up did not recieved one. So i decided to call them at 7:31 PM  same day to asked what's up with car. They told me that it is almost finished and can be pick up already. Ring me up the bill total 714.99 with 10% coupon they said. Costing me 643.51. By the way i have no problem with the brakes except for the noise. The biggest problem is when i take it home my engine light come on, the TCS light come on. I need to go to work the following day give them a call about it after work. They asked me to bring the car early Wednesday morning, so i did. Brought it 8:15 AM, they told me again that they will check it again and chargeme for the diagnostic for $89.99. They want me to do a tune up package $138.79, change my ignition coil $58.49. 3 step pro fuel Pkg $89.99, pep guard limited extended labor warrranty of $14.35. What i don't understand a perfect running vehicle, except for the noise on the brake will all of a sudden all this will come out. Wife was so angry cause she  is the one paying for the whole thing of course. Could have brought it to the dealer but was trying to save a little and now i have to have my car towed from Pepboys to our house. They told me that the catalyctic coukld be damaged. Tell me what else will be next  if i stay a little bit more in that place. I told them that i bought the ignition coil and plugs from their store 5 months ago. Were is the receipt, i don't know!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2012 11:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PEPBOYS/Vallejo-California-94589/PEPBOYS-noise-in-the-brake-recomended-that-need-to-work-on-front-and-rear-brakes-in-my-c-824961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PEPBOYS