Complaint Review: PETCO

PETCO
3264 Buford Drive, Suite 110 Buford, Georgia United States of America

PETCO Poor Customer Service Buford, Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Petco

On 4/28/11 @ 11:55 AM, I went into the PETCO store @ The Mall of Georgia. I was their to purchase a battery for my dog's PETSAFE collar.
I had called the previous day and confirmed that they had the item in stock. I asked the employee, Raynisha, for the item of which was locked in a display case. I was told they a night manager took the keys home with him and that was the only key they had and that the manager would not be in until 4 PM and I would have to come back. Raynisha and a unidentified male employee stated that the night manager often takes the keys home with him. I was amazed at how unconcerned these employees acted. I was furious that I made a 25 mile trip to this store for a item that the store had and that I could not buy. The
employees offered no apology or nothing. PETCO lost a sale for the battery, and for a 50 Pound bag of dog food and a box of K-9 Advantage 2. They lost $70.00 in sales due to their incompetence. I called Petco Customer Service, a Jerry in the Philippines, answered my call. I gave him all the details and asked that a manger for PETCO call me. Jerry took all details and said that he would escalate this complaint to a General Manager. 24 hours later, I have not received any response. I also sent a email to their customer service link on the PETCO website on 4/28/11. I did receive a confirmation that they received my email. No other response received.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2011 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PETCO/Buford-Georgia-30517/PETCO-Poor-Customer-Service-Buford-Georgia-723628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PETCO

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Petco

AUTHOR: Ron - (United States of America)

Sorry you ran into a bad experience with Petco. I'm just a customer but am very happy with them. I bought a bark collar that I wasn't really satisfied with. I had discarded the receipt and box. But I returned it to the store and they refunded the amount happily and without question. I have been getting lessons there for my puppy. The trainer was about 15 minutes late one day. So the manager, without even asking him, told me I would receive an extra 1 hour lesson for the inconvenience. Only complaint I really have with Petco is I am trying to get them to provide some toys and hammocks for their ferrets. I realize they keep the cages without those items for cleaning ease. I would also like them to provide the book Ferrets for Dummies when ferrets are purchased. I am well pleased with staff , products and services. I just wish they would put my dog trainer on full time. She drives over 40 miles to work and could really use a full time income and benefits.

That night manager really should leave the keys in the store. I am certain the head office would never approve of what he is doing. I suggest you visit the Petco website and where it says Contact Us, lodge your complaint. Hopefully they will resolve your complaints.