Complaint Review: PETCO

• Submitted: Fri, November 28, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 28, 2008

• Reported By:Melbourne Florida
PETCO
Wickham Rd Melbourne, Florida U.S.A.

PETCO Inexperienced, untruthful, uncaring Melbourne Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: typical for petco

After I read the rip off report regarding this Petco I felt I had to document my awfull experience. I brought my Cavilier King Charles Spaniel to Petco to ne groomed. I specifically discussed the fact that a main characteristic of a Cavilier King Charles Spaniel is the shaggy hair around their paws. I specifically stated not to cut the hair around the paws.

I even left my cell phone with the groomer if they encountered any problems. When I picked up my dog all the hair was shaved off the paws. I was horrified. They told me someone tapped on the glass while the groomer was cutting around the paws & the scizzors slipped, Instead of calling me the groomer shaved all the hair off the paws, top & bottom. It has been more than a year & the hair has never grown back to the characteristic of the breed. I will never take my dog there again...

Debra
Melbourne, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2008 12:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PETCO/Melbourne-Florida-32940/PETCO-Inexperienced-untruthful-uncaring-Melbourne-Florida-395651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PETCO

#1 Consumer Suggestion

typical for petco

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

I used Petco once for my collie and beagle once. After that I went back to Petsmart. I had always used them, but since I have a major disabitliy I thought I would try Petco since it moved in across our subdivision. Never again. I took them in on a "slow day" or so they said. It took 8 hours to get my dogs back. I spent more time calling and waiting and when I finally picked them up they had fleas everywhere! Never again. I had to deflea them again, which is not cheap these days and when it came time to groom them agian, I went right back to Petsmart where they had gone since they were young. I've never had a problem there, they know my dogs and they love it there. I am always in and out within 3 hours max.They are not hard to groom and are sweet dogs. It is worth going a few more minutes out of my way.

By the way I used to live and work in Melbourne!