Complaint Review: PHH Mortgage Services, NJ

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 05, 2008

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
PHH Mortgage Services, NJ
3000 Leadenhall Mt Laurel NJ Mt Laurel, New Jersey U.S.A.

PHH Mortgage Services, NJ Complete Foreclosure Rip off Mt Laurel New Jersey

In 2005, I became ill and could no longer work because I needed brain surgery. During my recovery, I was unable to keep up my mortgage payments. I was threatened with foreclosure. I filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy because it was my only chance to save my home. After I entered into the bankruptcy and was paying both the trustee and the mortgage, I had to get another surgery which caused me to fall behind on both payments. Finally in 2007 I was determined to be legally disabled and received a lump sum payment from social security. PHH told me that since they had hired a law firm to prusue the foreclosure, I would have to pay the lawyer $13,000 in order to get my account out of foreclosure. After doing so, my mortgage payment went up another $245. While my account incurred almost $20,000 in late fees and attorneys fees. When I asked since I had paid the so called attorneys fees why didnt my principal go down. I was told that the money that I supposedly paid the lawyer, which the certified check went to PHH Mortgage was just for the current fees and not for the previous fees. PHH is a rip off and now I am trying to find another mortgage company to accept me since I have damaged my credit by filing bankruptcy.

Chichi
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2008 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PHH-Mortgage-Services-NJ/Mt-Laurel-New-Jersey/PHH-Mortgage-Services-NJ-Complete-Foreclosure-Rip-off-Mt-Laurel-New-Jersey-306448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PHH Mortgage Services, NJ