farmers

PHOTOPOINT.'CON'
photopoint.com Internet U.S.A.

PHOTOPOINT.'CON' AT IT AGAIN WANTING MORE MONEY RIPOFF Internet

*Consumer Comment: Regarding the CD

OK ppl... listen up... they are at it again... You can now order a cd of your account at http://cd.photopoint.com/

COME ON... We have already PAID for the storage of our photos and now they want us to PAY again... With the way they 'did business' before can we even trust them to send the CD???? I have my doubts.

All I want to do is be able to view my pics and transload them to a different server. I don't feel we Should have to pay again for something that was already paid for and NOT delivered... How do they get away with this 'sheetso'??? Any one of us would have been throwed in jail a long time ago for stealing from the public....

They should be MADE to make all files readily available so we can make our own CD's...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Dawn
Wayne, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2002 02:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PHOTOPOINTCON/internet/PHOTOPOINTCON-AT-IT-AGAIN-WANTING-MORE-MONEY-RIPOFF-Internet-18444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PHOTOPOINT.'CON'

Regarding the CD

AUTHOR: Craig - ()

I too was one of those shafted by Photopoint. I wasn't as worried about the 10 bucks I had spent on my basic membership, but rather the photos that I had uploaded and not backed up for myself yet. (And yes, for all those out there preaching about people backing up files, experience is the best teacher. Lesson Learned)

Anyway, depspite all the talk of the "second" ripoff regarding the cost of the CD, I went ahead and sent off the money. I was hoping on the outside chance that there was some truth to the fact that my photos might still be available. Part of me had thought that the money was just being thrown away, but my disc arrived in the mail today with all my photos intact. My family, my muscle car restoration, my home remodelling, and the rest of my photos were still intact. I don't know if the offer is still available or not. But while everyone is sitting around whining to the others who also got ripped off, I now have my photos back, price paid, and a lesson learned. Hope this helps...