helps

• Reported By: Wes — Sedona Arizona United States of America
PIV Corporation
Sedona, Arizona United States of America

PIV Corporation Scam to take and sell your personal information Sedona, Arizona

PIV Corporation is apparently using Craig's List and other job listing sites to get people to release their personal information ("Free" credit report requirement). See the message from the phoney HR recruiter below. Another person then sends a request for you to provide more personal info through a head hunter firm...read all the small print. The credit report is not as free as they make it sound....you have to provide a credit card and all your personal info. It's a big fraud to collect and sell your personal info to corporations. DO NOT GIVE IN TO THESE CLOWNS>>>>THEY NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED BY AUTHORITIES!!!!!

Reply from scammers after inquiring about their administrative assistant job listing:

Thank you for your interest in our open position. The job responsibilities include answering the phone, helping clients, and running company errands such as buying office supplies and making bank deposits. You will be provided with a company car and credit card to make supply purchases with.
I would like to setup an interview with you after the holidays. Please email me or give me a call to schedule a time. I will be in and out of meetings today so if I don't answer please leave me a voicemail.
In the past, we have had a few bad experiences with prior employees taking advantage of having access to a company credit card, so before we can schedule an interview, we need you to get a credit check. You must use the credit reporting agency that we specify to obtain this information. It is provided for free and run by a BBB accredited business. The company has been featured on TV numerous times and is the most trusted names in credit reporting. We realize that not everyone has excellent credit during these tough economic times and having a low credit score doesn't disqualify you for a position within our company. My credit wasn't good either when I came to work here, so please don't be to focused on it. You do not have to email me the credit report, just bring it with you to your interview.
Here is a link to the credit check:  pivcorporation.com/freecreditreport

Please send me your interview availability times or give me a call after you have gotten your report.
I am looking forward to speaking with you.
Sincerely,
Jane Henderson
Telephone: +1 (800) 561-1774
HR Manager
PIV Corporation Inc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2009 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PIV-Corporation/Sedona-Arizona-/PIV-Corporation-Scam-to-take-and-sell-your-personal-information-Sedona-Arizona-546909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PIV Corporation