Complaint Review: PJP Health Agency, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, December 19, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, December 19, 2010

• Reported By: Karin — Westlake Ohio United States of America
PJP Health Agency, Inc.
3 Huntington Quadrangle Suite 400N, Melville, New York United States of America

PJP Health Agency, Inc. Taking money from poor, innocent college students who need health insurance Melville, New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Fill out an ACH Form at your bank and call Ms. Judy Doyle of the New York State Insurance Department!

When I cut back to being a part-time student, my insurance with my mother was cut off, so I was forced to find alternate options until I went back to being a full time student, or found a job with benefits. I used a website to get insurance quotes and then began receiving calls from this company almost daily.

Being so desperate to get insurance (I had several necessary prescriptions that I'd gone months without at this point) I finally took their call (April 9, 2010) and worked with an "Eddie Ferrero" to find a "program" that would work best for me. He asked for my information, including my bank account information so that I could have the money taken out of my account to start my insurance.

He sent me several papers to sign over e-mail and then promised that I would receive my insurance cards for a short-term, 6 month program in the mail soon. After a month of no cards, I called the company again and was promised that my cards were on their way. At this point, $344 had already been taken out of my account for 2 months of insurance of which I had yet to reap the benefits.

At this point, I decided that it was better to cancel this insurance and sign up with a more well-known company. However, the numbers that I were given just rang and rang, or if someone picked up, it was a voice message system that claimed to be "full" so I couldn't leave a message.

4 months into this (August 26, 2010), I was finally able to reach what I thought was the company and cancelled my insurance. This, however, only cancelled part of it, so money was still being taken out of my account, though it had reduced to $62 instead of $172. After realizing that I had been dealing with more than one company, I was able to cancel every other "plan" that I had been set up with, except for the one directly from PJP Health.

I called and called and got no response for months. Finally, on November 29th, almost 2 months after my plan was scheduled to end, I received an e-mail from the "Eddie Ferrero" I had originally worked with, asking me if I wanted to renew my plan since it was "due to end soon." I wrote back rather angrily that I had been trying to reach him for months unsuccessfully and that he should consider that e-mail my official cancellation of my plan and that if any more money was taken out of my account, I was going to take legal action.

My account was then debited $54.95 again on December 20th and after some research, I found this website and realize now that I was scammed. I really couldn't afford this to begin with and just really want all of this to end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2010 12:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PJP-Health-Agency-Inc/Melville-New-York-11747/PJP-Health-Agency-Inc-Taking-money-from-poor-innocent-college-students-who-need-health-673196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PJP Health Agency, Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Mark - (United States of America)

If I were you,I would go to my bank first thing Monday morning, and fill out an ACH Form. The purpose of filing this form is to revoke the authorization which you gave to PJP Health Agency to make automatic ACH withdrawals from your checking account. You should also request that your bank reverses and refunds back into your account all of the withdrawalsmade by PJP Health Agency over the past couple of months which you did not authorize.

When you get home from the bank, you should call Ms. Judy Doyle of the New York StateInsurance Department at the following telephone number:Five One Eight, Four Seven Four, Five One Five Four.

Ms. Doyle will be able to help you as she is currently investigating the multitude of complaints which have been filed against PJP Health Agency.

Good luck!