Complaint Review: PJP Health Agency

• Updated: Sun, September 25, 2011

• Reported By: JJ8821 — New York United States of America
PJP Health Agency
3 Huntington Quadrangle Melville, New York United States of America

PJP Health Agency erased part of my account number from their database so they could cancel my policy and not pay on a surgery I had. This is a scam. Melville, New York

I had health insurance with PJP Health Agency for about 2 years and have had no major health problems. Last year I found out I needed minor surgery. The surgery cost about $10,000. I figured I finally got about 2 years of premiums back - so to speak. I take it they didn't like that because just after my surgery when my premiums were due, they didn't deduct it from my checking account.

I called when I realized the deduction was late and they said that "somehow" their computers had the wrong account number for me. Yeah right.

The customer service person asked me my account number, typed it in, and said "hmmmm that's weird, the computer says that account number is fine". Duh, you have been deducting payment from my checking account for 2 years with no problem. Somehow after I had surgery, they had the wrong checking account number. How convenient for them. They blamed it on the computer system, yet no one at PJP Health Agency tried to contact me to get my correct account information. PJP Health Agency canceled my policy and left me with a $10,000 bill.

I would like to know how you get the job of the person at PJP Health Agency who goes through the computer erasing parts of the account numbers of people who have big claims. Betcha he/she gets paid a lot of money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2011 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PJP-Health-Agency/Melville-New-York-/PJP-Health-Agency-erased-part-of-my-account-number-from-their-database-so-they-could-canc-781054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PJP Health Agency