Complaint Review: PJP Insurance Agency, Melville, NY

• Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: barkingmad — New York United States of America
PJP Insurance Agency, Melville, NY
3 Huntington Quadrangle, Suite 400 Melville, New York United States of America

PJP Insurance Agency, Melville, New York Directly from BCBS: there's no such thing as a $485/mo BCBS individual health ins plan in NY! Melville, New York

Beware of this agency.  They give a verbal quote over the phone for "the least expensive Blue Cross Blue Shield policy in NY", $485/mo including prescription discount plan.

A few months after buying coverage, I got sick and needed to use my coverage.  I realized that my multiple requests for coverage cards from BCBS had not been fulfilled.  So, I called from the doctor's office and asked the agent to fax me cards.  When that didn't happen, I started asking for BCBS' direct contact number, and was re-routed to a "plan administrator" in Chicago who does not work at BCBS.  Every time I asked for the direct contact information of the carrier, I was told I couldn't contact the carrier directly.  They finally emailed me an 800 number for BCBS that said to call the number on your benefits card for service, but of course, I couldn't do that because I didn't have a card!  I have been insured with BCBS several times, and I always dealt with the carrier directly whenever I needed anything, so this sent up a red flag.

I purchased a policy directly from BCBS today, and they explained that they do not have a plan at that premium in NY State for individuals at a rate of $485/mo, either with or without a "prescription discount plan".

Asking PJP for a breakdown of my premium as to basic coverage plus what was evidently an add-on prescription discount plan that I was told was "included" in my coverage, I (of course) did not receive a response.  That's when the lines of communication went dead with PJP.  All of this is recorded in emails, and I'm thankful I saved them as they are all being forwarded to the appropriate authorities as backup documentation!

I have called the fraud unit of BCBS, am contacting the other appropriate authorities so they can take appropriate action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PJP-Insurance-Agency-Melville-NY/Melville-New-York-/PJP-Insurance-Agency-Melville-New-York-Directly-from-BCBS-theres-no-such-thing-as-a--1018182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PJP Insurance Agency, Melville, NY