Complaint Review: PLAINS COMMERCE BANK-TOTAL CARD

• Submitted: Tue, July 26, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, July 26, 2005

• Reported By:NEW ORLEANS Louisiana
PLAINS COMMERCE BANK-TOTAL CARD
ezcardinfo.com/pages/AccountSummary.aspx SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-800-2143
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

PLAINS COMMERCE BANK-TOTAL CARD RIPOFF SIOUX FALLS South Dakota

Total card has been giving me unfair treatment since I opened the card in December 2004. A company made a wrongful charge to my checking account causing a check I wrote to Total card to bounce. I explained the situation to a Total card representative, who was very accusatory, brash and rude. In addition, she told me that they are not going to refund my money because it is costing them money. I wrote a letter to Total card explaining the situation and still received the same treatment. As a result of my experience, I closed the account. I reopened the account in July 2005. I asked the female rep if I would have to pay $250 to reopen my account and she told me no. I would only pay $25. I asked her when will I be able to reuse my card. She told me within 32-72 hours. 32-72 hours came only I couldn't use my card.

I phoned the company repeatedly and I was given the run around and told to call back the next day. One time a rep told me that the people in the department who reactivates the cards are out. I called back Monday, July 25, 2005 to be told to try again the next day. I called today only to find that my account was charged $200.00. This charge caused my account to go over and the automated system told me that I was over $21.42. I was confused and upset. I spoke to a female rep by the name of Callen. I asked her why is it that I had an available balance of $178.58 yesterday and today I owe $271.42. She explained that I was charged $200.00 for something or another. All I knew is that this was not explained to me when I was interested in reopening my account and my account has been wrongfully charged in the past. This company has brought me through the ringer and I feel that other consumers and the FTC should know what is going on.

Christy
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2005 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PLAINS-COMMERCE-BANK-TOTAL-CARD/SIOUX-FALLS-South-Dakota-57109/PLAINS-COMMERCE-BANK-TOTAL-CARD-RIPOFF-SIOUX-FALLS-South-Dakota-151285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PLAINS COMMERCE BANK-TOTAL CARD