Complaint Review: PLENTYOFFISH.COM - PLENTY OF FISH

• Updated: Sat, February 23, 2013

• Reported By:ottawa Ontario
PLENTYOFFISH.COM - PLENTY OF FISH
www.plentyoffish.com Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

PLENTYOFFISH.COM - PLENTY OF FISH going against the privacy act of canada selling peoples information for profits Vancouver British Columbia Canada

*Consumer Suggestion: complain to the privacy comisionner of Canada.

*Consumer Comment: Count me in

One day back a few years ago i was on the chat webiste called plentyoffish.com. So at that time in my life i was busy with alot of other things so i cancel my profile and moved on .Many years after i reopened my account with a different username but i also used the same email not even a couple of days later i looked in my in box of my email and there was my old username print in a ad for another paying dating website .

As you know or may not know plentyoffish is free to sign up .But this person that owns this website is selling personal information back to a 2 or even 3 parties without your consent .So how does he sell''s your email acount to another dating site that make you pay monthly .when you reopen your account again using a different username he then resells your old username and email that was use dthe first time .This is not right and this person is breaking the law i will be filing a lawsuit against this company plentyoffishmedia.

I've also emailed them telling them about my findings .And they canceled my profile and my account for no reason given to me and no email was every sent to me at all....ps this system is automated and your info like many thousands of peoples info go too these websites and maybe who knows there a very good chance that this plentyoffishmedia owns other paying websites .That sends this info to them and makes this company rich ........this is not right

Anthony
ottawa, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2008 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PLENTYOFFISHCOM-PLENTY-OF-FISH/Vancouver-British-Columbia/PLENTYOFFISHCOM-PLENTY-OF-FISH-going-against-the-privacy-act-of-canada-selling-peoples-353147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PLENTYOFFISH.COM - PLENTY OF FISH

#1 Consumer Suggestion

complain to the privacy comisionner of Canada.

AUTHOR: consumer_dude - (United States of America)

Complain to the privacy commissioner of Canada.

Count me in

AUTHOR: ANGRYCUSTOMER - (United States of America)

Let me know if you plan to file a suit I'll join in with you. POF used my email address to sign me up for other dating sites without my consent. I don't know how they do things in Canada but in America you can't just go around selling people's personal information without their permission..

POF is a creepy site anyway. They got caught using pictures of deceased US Service Members in fake profiles. I would stay away from Evow as well - owned by the same lowlife that owns POF. No respect.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC