Complaint Review: PM Identity - Personal Matters Identity - Intellus

• Updated: Fri, October 24, 2008

• Reported By:Milwaukee Wisconsin
PM Identity - Personal Matters Identity - Intellus
www.pmidentity.com Internet U.S.A.

PM Identity - Personal Matters Identity - Intellus How to get your money back from PM Identity Internet

My husband and I recently purchased our first home. I went on Intellus.com to get a house report for $14.95. After getting that report the information was way off and I requested a refund. They were unwilling to do so because of their disclaimers. Fine, I expected their fee.

The next month I noticed a charge from PM Identity on my credit card statement, checked the month before more closely and sure enough there was a charge the previous month as well. (Learned to ALWAYS check statements every time you get them, should have listened to dad!). I called PM Identity and told them to refund my money immediately as they didn't have authorization to charge my credit card. They said they could for the most recent charge but not the past charge. Told them if that's the case they need to provide me with the authorization to charge me. They told me Intellus would have that because it was generated from their website. Told them my lawyer may be in contact with them. I called Intellus and was told that I would need to get proof of authorization from PM Identity. Ironic that no one had the authorization forms! On my final call I brought the lack of authorization forms to PM Identity's attention and I was told the full amount was already refunded to me. Not sure what did the trick, but unauthorized charges on a credit card are fraud.

Hope this helps someone else get their $$$ back!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2008 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PM-Identity-Personal-Matters-Identity-Intellus/internet/PM-Identity-Personal-Matters-Identity-Intellus-How-to-get-your-money-back-from-PM-Iden-384545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PM Identity - Personal Matters Identity - Intellus