Complaint Review: PM Identity

• Updated: Mon, April 14, 2008

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
PM Identity
www.pmi.com Nationwide U.S.A.

PM Identity Aka 24 Protect Plus This company charged by debit card eight times in one day and under two different company names. They go by PM Identity and 24 Hour Protect. Internet

In reviewing my banking information, via phone, I noticed a charge for $14.95 (four times) which posted on April 7, 2008. I spoke to a bank representative who informed me the charges were from a company called PM Identity. I called PM Identity and finally got through to a "Tamara" employee # 152848. After some research on her end, she "found" information supposedly pertaining to my account. I informed her that this was a mistake, that I have not enrolled in this program and have never authorized these debits to my checking account.

Tamara then informed me that she would credit my account for the $14.95 X 4 = $59.80. She even apologized and gave me a confirmation number for the cancellation and refund.(#606246).

I called my bank back to inform them of my conversation with PM Identity and I was again informed by my bank that there were four other charges but this time they were from a company called 24 Hour Protect. When I contacted them, they turned out to be the same company as PM Identity. In fact I got the same employee, "Tamara". She said she even remembered me from my earlier call. I once again explained to her that there were now four additional charges and they need to be removed. Tamara transferred me to this man who insisted that I give him my card number as he had no way of accessing the information.

I was very upset and told him that under no circurstances was I going to give him my card number. I tried to give him Tamara's name, employee number and confirmation number but he stated that did not help him. I was so livid, I had to end the conversation then and there.

Leslie
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2008 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PM-Identity/nationwide/PM-Identity-Aka-24-Protect-Plus-This-company-charged-by-debit-card-eight-times-in-one-day-326013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PM Identity