Complaint Review: PM Pediatrics

• Updated: Tue, May 29, 2012

• Reported By: Davydee — Flushing New York United States of America
PM Pediatrics
210-31 26th Avenue, Bayside NY 11360 Bayside, New York United States of America

PM Pediatrics They filed and incorrect ACS report on me for Child abuse when i never hurt my kid and was proven that i didn't Bayside, New York

*UPDATE Employee: From PM Pediatrics:

I brought my Daughter to this clinic the other night very simply, It was the worst experience of my life. My experience started last night at approximately 11:00pm my Daughter was sitting in her swing, and my wife was pumping her breast milk i was in my bedroom checking some email's when all of a sudden my Daughter started screaming loudly I went to the living room and pulled her out of the swing. She began screaming louder and appeared in sever pain, her feet were also very red and swollen almost like hives. I suggested to my wife to call and ambulance but my wife suggested to go to this PM pediatrics. I agreed  and went to get the car. I thought is was a good idea because a hospital emergency could be and all night affair.

Upon arriving their we were treated very well and although my Daughter was now calm and sleeping we still felt like we wanted to make sure that she everything was alright with her. After registering at the clinic we were brought into a exam room a lady physician assistant gave my daughter a brief exam and didn't think anything was wrong, but wanted to concur to her colleague. He came and made a mention about a linear line on her foot. At this time her foot  had many red blotches of all shapes and sizes we were really worried. He order a blood test which was very painful for my daughter. They determined that there was no problem with her white cells but wanted us to go to the hospital for further exams and he had already called and ambulance.  After some time the ambulance came my wife rode along i went by car. When we got to the hospital we learned that the doctor from PM Pediatrics had called and ACS case against us for abusing our Daughter. We were in shock my wife works for ACS as and attorney and handles abuse and neglect cases. When the doctor in the hospital examined my daughter he thought that the doctor at PM Pediatrics was crazy and that their were no signs of abuse but because the doctor had called it in we now had to go though the whole process with ACS. And my wife's colleagues at work would have to find out not a good thing when you prosecute abuse and neglect cases.  The Doctor for ACS saw my Daughter the next day and also determined that their was no abuse and referred us to a  Hematologist. The  Hematology determined that she has some kind of blood disorder thank G-d not serious we are now in the process of running tests. And hoping and praying all works out.

My problem with PM Pediatrics is that they rushed to judgement the professional thing for them to do would have been to have my daughter go to the hospital so that doctors their could evaluate her their, instead of just calling a case in to ACS this would have given them a real second option. Also the way that they handled it was very unprofessional they should discussed with us more and asked more questions. They didn't even asked what we did for a living, again my wife works as a lead attorney for ACS. Needless to say although these allegations will be determined unfounded it still will be embarrassing for my wife she will have to inform her boss that and ACS case has been brought against her and this could hamper her for advancements in the future. Again PN Pediatrics acted Unprofessional all the other doctors that examined my Daughter said that the red marks in no way looked like injurer why did they rush to judgement? I understand that it was late and they wanted to go home, and maybe didn't have the qualification to diagnose a condition more serious then a cold but they should have tried.

I would NOT recommend this place and would suggest that looking for and easy way out of a late night emergency visit is not a good idea  go to the hospital where the real professionals are. Don't let  and unqualified doctor ruin your good name and reputation or even worst hurt your kid. My Daughter had seen 4 doctors in 2 days and has had two blood test, we have brought her to horrible government offices she should have been diagnosed correctly from the start.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2012 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PM-Pediatrics/Bayside-New-York-11360/PM-Pediatrics-They-filed-and-incorrect-ACS-report-on-me-for-Child-abuse-when-i-never-hurt-888174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PM Pediatrics

From PM Pediatrics:

AUTHOR: Sharyn Traub - (United States of America)

We are not permitted to discuss the confidential medical records or the facts of any particular child's medical condition.  Under New York State law, physicians and other healthcare workers are required to report any situation where they believe child abuse or maltreatment is a possibility.  This sometimes includes situations where the child has an underlying medical condition that has not yet been diagnosed but symptoms could indicate possible child abuse.  We understand that these situations can be very stressful and are happy that this family has resolved any concerns.