installed

• Submitted: Fri, February 13, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, October 27, 2008

• Reported By:Coplay Pennsylvania
PMA - Charles Timmons - Larry Camarda
Suite 300 900 East Eighth Avenue King-of-Prussia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

PMA - Charles Timmons - Larry Camarda Deceptive sales practices job search assistance is of negative value King-of-Prussia Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Resolution reached

*Consumer Comment: PMA Charles J . Timmins relocated again!

*Consumer Comment: LeTip

*Author of original report: PMA Resolution

*Author of original report: their plaque hanging behind his desk

*Author of original report: want me to sign to resolve the issue As a condition of my acceptance of this Release, you now must post a retraction

Charles Timmons and Larry Camarda, et.al. hindered my job search with ill-written resumes and letters. I paid Merrill-Adams a good sum of money the day before they closed their doors to help me with a job search. Charles Timmons deposited my money to a company he controls (The Timmons Group) and started to provide services under the name PMA wihtout informing me immediately.

They did re-write my resume for me and although I was not completely comfortable with the outcome, I decided to use it for an extended period of time. It is only after more than a year of frustration that I gave it to HR professionals and others I know that hire at companies. They universally indicated that the product PMA wrote for me was terrible.

Additionally, Camarda especially, did not answer my questions concerning various aspects of their assistance directly. I have a particularly frustrating set of e-mail correspondence that I kept and will make available to others.

I would have been much better off hiring a professional for $300-$600 to write a resume (there are people certified to do just that)and read a couple books concerning networking etc. Please save your money.

When faced with my situation, Charles Timmons agreed to meet with me to work out a deal that we would both be happy with. We did agree to a settlement, but as usual, he did not get back to me with the deal in writing, so in effect I am left paying a huge amount of money for nothing. My only recourse at this point is legal and I will pursue that angle with every thread of my being.

Craig
Coplay, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2004 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PMA-Charles-Timmons-Larry-Camarda/King-of-Prussia-Pennsylvania-19406/PMA-Charles-Timmons-Larry-Camarda-Deceptive-sales-practices-job-search-assistance-is-o-80334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PMA - Charles Timmons - Larry Camarda

Resolution reached

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

You should be aware that my comments were posted in haste and out of frustration during a very
stressful period in my life. Mr. Timmins and I have since amicably resolved our dispute with no
animosity between the parties. Mr. Timmins is not a bad person.
The policy of www.ripoffreport.com. is not to remove/delete prior entries. Please do not draw
any negative inferences about Mr. Timmins or his business operations based upon my entry. My
reports should be disregarded in its entirety. Karen, Harrisburg PA

PMA Charles J . Timmins relocated again!

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

Beware job seekers! The ripoff king has moved again, formerly of King of Prussia. He's still in the area DBA PMA Group...linking talent with opportunity. The only opportunity is his; if you fall for his slick sales pitch and foolishly write him a check like I did.

LeTip

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

I was seriously thinking about joining LeTip after reading about in a local paper.

I thought they screened their members... guess I'll save my $$$.

Thanks, ripoffreport!

PMA Resolution

AUTHOR: Craig - (U.S.A.)

Charles Timmons has resolved my disagreement with PMA to my complete satisfaction.

their plaque hanging behind his desk

AUTHOR: Craig - (U.S.A.)

I spoke to the Better Business Bureau today, March 15th to get an update on my complaint. An interesting tidbit, neither PMA nor the Timmons Group is a member of the BBB even though Charlie Timmons has their plaque hanging behind his desk.

Based on the heat that Timmons, Camarda, Trappen and Ashton are getting, I expect that they will soon "disappear" and pop up again with yet another company name.

Also, check out LeTip.com or some such thing to find another organization to which Charlie is involved.

AUTHOR: Craig - (U.S.A.)

Today, March 9, 2004, Timmons sent me a letter with an agreement that he wants me to sign to resolve the issue with me. It was sent and written by him instead of his attorney. He is asking me "As a condition of my acceptance of this Release, you now must post a retraction on any and all Internet sites on which you have posted..." He wants me to do this prior to me accepting and signing his agreement.

Later in the letter he indicates that "I am not interested in litigation, but will engage in litigation if I need to do so to protect my reputation and that of my company. You should consider this, because presenting a defense could prove very expensive." This sounds pretty threatening.

I have already sent a complaint to the State Attorney General's Office and to the Better Business Bureau. I will let them decide a resolution or a course of action. I just do not trust these guys.