Complaint Review: PNC Bank Of NJ

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2008

• Reported By:Cape May Court House New Jersey
PNC Bank Of NJ
Cape May Court House Branch Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

PNC Bank Of NJ embezzled funds from my account Cape May Court House New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: Here is some helpful information on getting even

*UPDATE Employee: Response to your problem

On 11/13/2007 I checked my account on line after postings were made. I realized I was in default by $39.62. I immediately deposited $60.00 into my PNC branch ATM which is located in Cape May Court House NJ per PNC bank policy on pg. 13 consumer account info. Pg 1 Initial $100 of your deposit. Will become available that evening to cover checks that are presented to the bank that evening. On 11/14/2007 I was charged an overdraft fee of $36.00. I went into the branch to speak to a Rep. I never meet such an arrogant women in a long time. In a matter of speaking I was surprised to see her handling any clients at all. Right away she became defensive. I asked her to research the problem that I would return. I walked in on this day 12/3/2007 and she went right off stating she has her glasses if you want to fight. She had another woman to join her. Both women said I was wrong. I asked for the regional managers number and left stating I was embarrassed for them because the were to stupid to be embarrassed for themselves. I was given the number of Joe Benorik 609-653-7043. The behavior of the employees at this branch is worthy of a skit on youtube.com. I want my money back.
Frank Gillice

Frank
Cape May Court House, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2007 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PNC-Bank-Of-NJ/nationwide/PNC-Bank-Of-NJ-embezzled-funds-from-my-account-Cape-May-Court-House-New-Jersey-288585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PNC Bank Of NJ

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Here is some helpful information on getting even

AUTHOR: Ginger - (U.S.A.)

I strongly suggest if you were ripped off by PNC Bank contact the OCC Office of the Comptroller of Currency (the federal government branch who oversees national banks) at www.occ.treas.gov or 1-800-613-6743

Dee
Toms River, New Jersey

Response to your problem

AUTHOR: Bankworker - (U.S.A.)

Any deposits that you make after business hours are considered effective for the next day's business day. In lamens terms, if you make a deposit after 2:00 p.m., that deposit would be for the next day, and some funds would be available to pay the next day's business items until the entire deposit is cleared. If you read the Consumer Account Agreement, page 14 states "If you make a deposit after our cut-off time or on a day that is not a business day, we will consider the deposit as being made on the next business day that we are open." In your situation, you made your deposit too late in the day to have it pay that day's items because it won't even be processed until the next business day. This is not a rip-off, you just don't understand the bank's policy. It would be to your advantage to look into some type of direct deposit, and to also use a transaction register to monitor your spending.