Complaint Review: PNC Bank

• Updated: Fri, June 28, 2013

• Reported By: Jerry G — HARTSVILLE Pennsylvania
PNC Bank
Warminster, Pennsylvania USA

PNC Bank Bank Practices. Denial of cashing payroll check drawn on thier bank. Deceptive , changing banking practices by Warminster York Road Branch York Road Warminster  Pennsylvania

I requested to cash a payroll check drawn on PNC bank. I do not have an account with PNC and do not wish to ever open one with this organization. The only forms of id they  accept for this transaction is a credit card or car vehicle registration card. I offered them and was told today that if I had an account wtih the bank I could get my check cashed. Because I did not have an account they could not honor my request as they were running low on cash and had to save it for thier customers.

I was told to find another local bank.

I have been cashing my paycheck at this location every other week since March 1, 2013 and every request is accompanied by a prolonged wait while the head teller decides (or not decides) to approveI dread the look over up and down visual test  every time. Every time I am "pitched" on opening an account (I know they are incentivize for such behavior).

Am I correct in assuming the gaurantee of cashing a payroll check drawn in a bank?

I would strongly encourage everybody to move away from banking with any large instituional banks. Go to your locally owned and opertated banks. They are realistic and care about building relationships with thier neighbors.

PNC Bank York Road York Road Sucks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2013 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PNC-Bank/Warminster-Pennsylvania/PNC-Bank-Bank-Practices-Denial-of-cashing-payroll-check-drawn-on-thier-bank-Deceptive--1062935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PNC Bank