Complaint Review: PNC (National City)

• Submitted: Thu, January 05, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 05, 2012

• Reported By: BSRS — Ohio United States of America
PNC (National City)
6400 Gender Rd, Canal Winchester Ohio Canal Winchester, Ohio United States of America
  • Phone: 614-834-2100
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

PNC ,National City, Ruined my credit!! Canal Winchester , Ohio

I banked with National City for 10 years and had no problems until 2009 when PNC took over. I had paid my 2 NC credit cards through their online banking along with my other bills. Once I was known that National City was being sold everything went to pot, so to speak. There's were only certain days when they would mail out payments which happened to be days I got paid. I would get up my payments to go out that day. Since my employer uses the same bank our deposits were always ready and available on Thursday. Payments were set for Friday. They would take out all my payments, overdraw my account, charge overdraft fees and then apply the check. Of course there would seldom be enough left to cover all those charges so everything would start bouncing again. I would pay on my credit cards once a week to keep them current. Imagine my shock when I opened a bill and saw that I now owed $1800 per card per month!! That's more than I bring home per month! They then proceed to lock down my accounts and take every penny I had. My cable was shut off as well as my home phone.

I called the company and told them I could afford to pay $250 total for the credit cards (both) and my home equity line of credit. I also told them that I would pay only with a money order because the manager at my new bank warned me not to pay by check because they'd seize that account too.

A month after I made my first payment I got a rude collection call saying. I wasn't making payments on one of the cards and threatening to take everything I have. I told them I had a payment agreement to which I was told I didn't with this card. I asked if the expected me to get a 2nd job to which the man replied "We'll tie that money too".

I started receiving my payments back in the mail from the Canal Winchester, Pickerington and Lancaster officers saying I MUST pay by personal check. I refused because I know they just wanted my account info.

They have called me at work, threatened my EX husband ands would not stop until he threatened to sue them, called and threatened my ex-husband's ex-wife(!!!) , left threatening notes on my door and I think they may have spoken to neighbors. I have now been sued by BOTH credit cards and my home is being foreclosed. I hired an attorney who refused to listen to me and can't understand why I just don't sell my parents place (which I just inherited a 1/3 of when my parents passed away that year. Because of all this I have gotten behind on my primary mortgage too. My idiot lawyer did not represent me well and now I have a judge saying I must pay the $50,000 I owe to this bank. I tried to file a complaint with the federal agency that governs banks but got no real help.

I urge everyone to leave PNC while you still can. My credit is ruined and can never be fixed. I am scared to death to answer my phone or even go home at night. Checking my mail makes me physically ill. I had chest pain and wound up having to have a stress test. Thank God it was normal but I was warned to lower my stress level. Until this is paid off I can't rest. Thanks, BSRS

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2012 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PNC-National-City/Canal-Winchester-Ohio-43110/PNC-National-City-Ruined-my-credit-Canal-Winchester-Ohio-818579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PNC (National City)