Complaint Review: PNC

• Updated: Wed, July 16, 2014

• Reported By: cmb71129 — Cleveland Ohio
Nationwide USA

PNC, PNC Bank, pnc-bank Worst Company in the USA 2014 OHIO Nationwide

I will definitely be closing my account with PNC after what has happened. Over the past 2 years, with 2 different accounts that involved no risky behavior, PNC has somehow let my account numbers get into the hands of scammers. Every couple weeks I get a call from a fake law firm claiming I owe money to companies I have never used before.

These scams somehow have my entire account number and Social Security Number. The only people I have ever given my ssn to are PNC and employers. Then, recently, my free checking classic became standard checking, which resulted in a 7 dollar charge to my account I have been trying to close because of this. This 7 dollar charge put me in the negative, 7 dollars.

I was not notified that this change would happen. I was not told of any new charges I would be receiving. Had I known this, I would have closed my accounts sooner. However, as I hadn't received a scam call in quite a while, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and believing they had handled it. Then, within 5 hours, I got charged this 7 dollars AND got another scam call.

PNC has officially received my vote for worst company in the USA for 2014.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2014 03:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PNC/nationwide/PNC-PNC-Bank-pnc-bank-Worst-Company-in-the-USA-2014-OHIO-Nationwide-1162406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PNC