Complaint Review: PNC

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2014

• Reported By: Bill — TAMPA Florida
Nationwide USA

PNC PNC MortgagePNC Bank PNC treats long time customer with perfect pay history like dirt TAMPA Florida

I've been with PNC for 15 years on a home equity line of credit. After 5 years they called me and I ok'd a refinance into the same type of loan and to increase the credit limit.  Little did I know, they put me in a loan that after 10 years the payment would go from $300 to $3000 per month so it would pay in full after the next 5 years.  My 1st loan did not have this feature and the rep didn't tell me about this at all, only that it was the SAME as before.

I called to inquire about it and basically was told, too bad. I ask about a refi and they transfer'd me to a rep who took my info and ask for income docs, which I sent the next day. One week later, nothing. I called and she said I would receive a letter and told me nothing else. I ask for a supervisor and he at least listened and then told me that they only use a tiny portion of investment income as well as IRA's.  I retired early and that was my only source of income.  He said he would try to see if they can do anything but he never called back as promised and I could not reach him after that. I sent emails and tried to reach someone that could help but all were dead ends.  So, I called someone else and was approved to buy another home that was worth twice what I owed PNC and even with keeping PNC, I was approved for this other home which I bought. I sold the house with the PNC loan on it and will never do business with them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2014 05:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PNC/nationwide/PNC-PNC-MortgagePNC-Bank-PNC-treats-long-time-customer-with-perfect-pay-history-like-dirt-1162974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PNC