Complaint Review: PODS

• Submitted: Tue, May 10, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: Family — California United States of America
5585 Rio Vista Drive Clearwater FL 33760 Sylmar, California United States of America

PODS PODS Sylmar PODS auctioned off family belongings without returning phone calls and email messages Sylmar, California

*General Comment: Wrongful auction case

*General Comment: wrongful self-storage auction and sneaky value limit clause

*Consumer Suggestion: PODS Wrongful Auction Los Angeles/Anaheim/Sylmar

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Family California United States of America

*Author of original report: PODS toll-free number only prevents communication

We signed up for a PODS storage account and left them a credit card account to draw from each month.  In the beginning of January this year, we moved overseas and relied on email correspondence mostly as we haven't been successful in forwarding our snail mail to our new country of residence.  In March of this year, we received an email stating that the credit card they have on file is not good and they needed another one.  I called and left a message for our account service advisor, Grace Tavarez, and informed her that we are living overseas and need to keep this account current and that due to fraudulent activities on our U.S. credit cards that month while living abroad, our original credit card that PODS has in their records was closed and in the process of being replaced.   Because we are now fearful of more fraudulent transactions on our U.S. credit cards, I also stated in my voicemail message that she needs to call me back on my new U.S. contact number and email me. PODS has an email address for us and I also left Ms. Tavarez a second email address.

We did not receive any phone calls nor email messages from PODS.  PODS also NEVER allowed us to speak with a "live" collections/billings/supervisor/manager each time we called for months!  Each time I asked to speak with our account service advisor or asked for a supervisor, PODS customer service would say THERE IS NO SUPERVISOR AVAILABLE and would just transfer me to a voicemail.

As recent as last week, the first week of May, I made several calls to PODS and was transferred each time to Ms. Tavarez' voicemail.  On May 5, a customer service person by the name of JT informed me that our PODS account is now locked and was in auction status.  I informed him that we need to resolve this immediately and want to keep our account current.  I begged him for a live person and not just a voicemail to speak to but was transferred yet again to Ms. Tavarez' voicemail.  I made several calls again on May 6 until today, May 10.  I was informed by a "Milly" earlier today that our personal belongings were already auctioned off on May 6.  She refused to give me any specific information other than transfer me again to Ms. Tavarez' voicemail.  PODS NEVER returned my numerous phone calls prior to the auction date nor corresponded to me via email about my request to resolve the delinquent status of our account. Until today, no one at PODS could give me any specific information as to what publication this auction notice was published at or how I can get family mementos such as family photos and legal documents back.  I am concerned that there isn't a real person by the name of Grace Tavarez and that PODS' policy is to lock their customer out and profit from selling their personal belongings without responding to numerous phone calls.  Anybody who tries to call PODS will get a run-around and it is guaranteed that NO MANAGER OR SUPERVISOR is available to speak with you at any given point in time of the day nor would you get a return call or email for an account that you are trying to make current.  PODS will only speak to you in person if you are opening a new account otherwise; you are left talking to a seemingly non-existent person's machine.  I am now getting legal advice.  Beware of PODS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2011 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PODS/Sylmar-California-/PODS-PODS-Sylmar-PODS-auctioned-off-family-belongings-without-returning-phone-calls-and-em-727815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PODS

#1 General Comment

Wrongful auction case

AUTHOR: Dale - ()

Check out wrongfulauction.com

#2 General Comment

wrongful self-storage auction and sneaky value limit clause

AUTHOR: Dale - ()

companies need to show some corporate responsibility by recognizing when they wrongfully auction and do their best to recover the property and pay for the damage.

The Self-Storage industry has grown fast and boasts of its profitability  http://blog.selfstorage.com/storage-news/infographic-self-storage-industry-explodes-1810 also how to raise rent regardless of economic times http://blog.selfstorage.com/self-storage-operations/the-art-of-raising-rent-2347.  This year - trying so sneak a value limit into a bill "to allow email" see http://legiscan.com/CA/bill/AB983/2013.

now there is a website for wrongfully auctioned people:  wrongfulauction.com

#3 Consumer Suggestion

PODS Wrongful Auction Los Angeles/Anaheim/Sylmar

AUTHOR: Light & Love - (United States of America)

My family of 6 suffered a wrongful

auction in Los Angeles. We lost ALL of our life's possessions, pictures, memorabilia

- lots of our children's things too. EVERYTHING WE OWNED! We are completely devastated;

I can't let it go. I imagine all of our photos, trophies, certificates,

keepsakes in a trash dumpster; it is absolutely shameful!

The Company claimed that they mailed letters to us but we never received

anything. We made our payments and The Company had our billing address. By

their own account they mailed to the address we moved from. We believe this is

a negligent act that is common with The Company. Our mission is to ensure this

NEVER happens to anyone anywhere else!

We have "dug deep" in research and gotten legal advice. Here is the

legal benefit of our experience: Collect your evidence and email me/contact me

we know of an attorney with experience in self storage cases, that knows how to

find noncompliance within the self storage laws which is the key to obtaining

relief. We can help each other in making sure this never happens again to

anyone else while pursuing all legal remedies due to us.

If you do not intend to help us obtain a positive resolve; please keep all

negative, judgmental and unwarranted comments to yourself. Love and Light to

I have been having the same problems with this account representative, Grace Tavarez.  In fact, not once I have been able to speak with this individual and she does not return phone calls.  I was fortunately lucky to be able to have my account taken care of by another representative that deals with another region but I remain having huge communication problems with this company.  I, myself, have had a family emergency and needed to make arrangements to have my balance taken care of.  It took me over 8 phone calls to be able to reach someone that could take care of me.  Even when I did make the arrangements to pay off the account, I needed to constantly call them and remind them to charge the installment on my card.  It has been a horrible experience dealing with this company.  I used them a few years back and I did not encounter this problem but recently it has been a total nightmare.

Response to Family California United States of America

AUTHOR: Consumerresolution@pods.com - (USA)

Dear Family California United States of America,

We are in receipt of your complaint with PODS Enterprises, Inc and we are concerned about the service you are reporting.  PODS Enterprises, Inc. has been in contact with Family and we are currently working towards a resolution.  Please feel free to contact us via email address below.  We have also provided a toll free number for your referrence.

888-776-637 ext 6303

PODS Enterprises, Inc.

PODS toll-free number only prevents communication

AUTHOR: Family - (United States of America)

In addition, PODS refuses to give any other local or direct phone number so you end up speaking with customer service people who will tell you that THERE IS NO SUPERVISOR EACH TIME to assist you, that CUSTOMER SERVICE DOESN'T HAVE ANY INFORMATION TO GIVE YOU and that THE ONLY THING CUSTOMER SERVICE CAN DO FOR YOU IS TO TRANSFER YOU TO A VOICEMAIL which is pointless because PODS will NEVER CALL YOU BACK NOR EMAIL YOU.