Complaint Review: PODS

• Submitted: Sat, December 29, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: Hautedawg — Prairie Village Kansas United States of America

PODS PODS MOVING AND STORAGE Refused pick up on correct date, costing me fines and damages. Rude customer service, lies Internet

I called and ordered a container to be delivered on 12/21/12.  It was to be picked up on 12/27/12, and the person I spoke to reminded me it could only stay a week due to HOA laws and rules.

They did not pick it up!

We sold the house, the new tenant moved in, but the POD was never picked up.  I called PODS and was told it was not supposed to be picked up.  I told the lady that I had spoken to someone and advised them that it was to be picked up, that I had a total amount and that I even had insurance.  She said no, I didn't have any of this.  Then when she looked it up, she told me I did, but she said it still could not be picked up until three days later.  This is costing me over $250 per day in fines and rental from the new owner.

Do not use PODS, they are a scam, a rip off and are staffed by rude and poorly trained staff.  I was even told by the woman I spoke to that they hire "mentally handicapped" children to talk on the phone, that is exactly what she said!  I was shocked...I have nothing against challenged individuals, but I can't trust my move to someone who can't keep accurate records.

Do yourself a favor...don't use PODS.  At one point I was even told that they would not bring it to me, and asked me how I liked that!  They threatened to steal my belongings.  They are rude, obnoxious, lie and steal.  I have reported these people to Florida BBB as well as my local BBB.  No wonder they are in Florida, all the scams are there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PODS/internet/PODS-PODS-MOVING-AND-STORAGE-Refused-pick-up-on-correct-date-costing-me-fines-and-damages-988504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PODS