Complaint Review: POGO

• Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: Joyce/imjustsayin23 — Carrollton Ohio United States of America
POGO

POGO A FREE two- week trial that cost me $39.99!! Internet

I went to POGO to check out the games.  I had been a member several years ago and had stopped playing due to the "interaction" of the gamers.  The chat was people fighting with each other, arguing politics, etc.  I was not interested.  I was looking for entertainment and did enjoy some of the days.  They were offering a FREE TWO WEEK TRIAL.  The offer stated they would NOT bill your credit card for two weeks.  I thought that might be a good idea.

I could access all the games and then I would see if it was, in fact, the same site I had left behind.  Well after about a week I decided that it had NOT changed.  THEN I SAW!!  I had used PayPal to pay and it came directly from my bank account and THEY TOOK IT THE SAME DAY!!  I finally, after much searching, found online chat to get someone to help me.  I still had five days remaining on my free trial.  She assured me it would be taken care of.

To this point I have had FOUR ONLINE CHATS and made a call to EA Sports, which is link to POGO, but I am not sure how.  I just know when you look for help it comes up.  I have emailed and emailed.  I get NO RESPONSES FROM ANYONE!!!!  We are retired and live on Social Security and I don't have $40 to throw to the wind!  I have not been able to close my account because they state specifically if you close your account YOU DO NOT GET A REFUND!  And, now when I go to the help page I cannot access call me, email OR chat.

I have obviously been blocked.  You have to be logged in to access those options.  Also, every bit of documentation, which was on the page for help, is no long available to me!!!  This began in July and here I am - no money and NOT happy!  This is fraud!  Tell me I have two weeks and then take my money IMMEDIATELY!!  I contacted PayPal and they do not "insure" services.  That ALSO does not make me happy!  I now have NO INFORMATION, NO ACCESS TO HELP AND NO REFUND!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/POGO/internet/POGO-A-FREE-two-week-trial-that-cost-me-3999-Internet-952963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on POGO