Complaint Review: PREDICTO

• Submitted: Tue, October 27, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, October 27, 2009

• Reported By: Kim — Saint Peters Missouri USA
PREDICTO

PREDICTO Test Message SCAM. Fraudulently charged me for a service I never subscribed to! Internet

I was fraudulently charged by Predicto for a service I never subscribed to! I received several text messages from this company and just ignored them.  I had no idea who they were or why they were texting me.  I just thought it was best to not respond.

Unfortunately, when I got my cell phone bill, it was higher than normal. When I checked further, I saw Predicto and a $9.99 charge plus tax on my bill.  Their number was listed on my bill and I called them.  They told me I had signed up, but I know I didn't. In researching them on the web, it appears they send you a text after someone getting your cell number on the internet.  My text had 654654 on it and some wierd message which I ignored.  Predicto says they send you a pin and you reply with that pin and that's how you subscribe, however, I absolutely know I never did this!!

They did tell me they would cancel my "subscription" and send me a check in the next ten days for the $9.99 (minus tax of course).  I am not holding my breath.

I also called my cell phone service, US Cellular.  They made sure the service was cancelled, but unfortunately, US Cellular refuses to credit my account which I think is bogus.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2009 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PREDICTO/internet/PREDICTO-Test-Message-SCAM-Fraudulently-charged-me-for-a-service-I-never-subscribed-to-515446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PREDICTO