suffering

Complaint Review: PREMIERE VACATION CLUB DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL

• Submitted: Sun, January 16, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By: Hilliary — phoenix Arizona U.S.A.
PREMIERE VACATION CLUB DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL
PO BOX 29352 PHOENIX, Arizona United States of America

PREMIERE VACATION CLUB DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL ILX AND CROOKS Lied,profit by misfortune, sold lies, cheated, changed terms of signed agreement documents fine print, scam and con-artists PHOENIX, Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: i agree

*Consumer Comment: ya right

*Consumer Comment: There may be legal hope....

*Consumer Comment: Patrick - you have a problem

*Consumer Comment: Dave in NV

*Consumer Comment: A thought for DRI

*Consumer Comment: Exactly what happened to me!

*Consumer Comment: Points have no resale value.

*Consumer Comment: Breach of Contract

*Author of original report: ILX/DIAMOND RESORTS INTL

*Consumer Comment: Diamondresortsowners.com

*Consumer Comment: DRI Avoid

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Struck out therir claim

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Illusury K terms?

*Consumer Comment: More than just maintenance fee increases

*UPDATE Employee: Your ILX purchase....

Diamond Resorts/Premiere Vacation Club/ILX/ILX Acquisitions/Timeshare WARNING FRAUD, SCAM AND THIEVES --AVOID AT ALL COSTS. DO NOT BECOME A VICTIM.

In May 2009, I purchased a one-bedroom floating week timeshare with ILX/Premiere Vacation club Los Brigades in Sedona Arizona. What I was sold, and agreed to purchase was a one-bedroom floating week timeshare with an annual maintenance fee of $535.00. What I own now is WORTHLESS, thanks to ILX bankruptcy and Diamond Resorts International AKA ILX Acquisitions. In December 2010, I received a bill from Premiere Vacation club in the amount of $921.00, due on January 1st, 2011. Are you kidding me? They charged my account for 2011 operating fees (787.00), club fees (134.00) and ARDA-ROC PAC contributions. The cherry on top is that DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL the new owners instituted a POINTS BASED SYSTEM. My once desirable timeshare is now pretty much worthless. THIS IS NOT WHAT WAS SOLD TO ME, OR WHAT I BOUGHT!

All the terms and agreements that were sold to me by Premiere Vacation Club were all void, wiped- out like my signed contract never existed. This is what the new owners Diamond Resorts International customer service representative told me over the phone. In short, they basically told me I was screwed due to the fact that some where in the contract it says terms may be subject to change, so deal with it. The Diamond Resort INTL CS Rep was rude, heartless and nonchalant during the entire conversation.

In October 2010, I reserved and paid for my March 2011 vacation, under ILX Premiere Vacation club. The horrible CS Rep told me that I needed to call and check on my previous reservation, because more than likely it doesnt exist anymore. I told him that I am confirmed and paid for it already. His response was, simply, if I were you I would check on it, it may have been canceled. Heres the kicker, even if my reservation is still intact, I wont be able keep it UNLESS I pay the almost doubled maintenance fee of $921.00 bill that Diamond Resorts International imposed on me. I explained to the Diamond Resorts CS Rep that I would pay my agreed upon maintenance fee of $535.00 as scheduled, but he told me that was not good enough and that until their demands are met, I would be delinquent and sent to collections with severe monetary penalties included until paid in full.

Purchasing this timeshare was one of the most single biggest (regrettable) mistakes in my life! It is my hope that anyone traveling to Sedona, Arizona never gets conned and lied to by ANY timeshare scamming company. Premiere Vacation Club/Diamond Resorts International are nothing but con-artists they will say anything to get you to sign on the lines, but WARNING, once you sign you are screwed!!!! The language in the small fine print of the contract is their life blood and once you sign a contract that states subject to change you can forget it, because thats the fuel they depend on to keep their fire going.

I am a single working mother of one child, Army Veteran of eight years during the gulf war, veterans volunteer and full time college student. I am not rich by any means; I am just trying to get by just like most hard working Americans. I only have a few more years before my one and only child goes off to college, and just wanted to make the most of it before she goes off to start her own life. It was my dream to travel with my child and make wonderful lasting memories before she was gone. Premiere Vacation club salesmen took advantage of that and sold me garbage by lying to me. This awful situation will plague me for years to come, but it is my hope that no one suffer as I do, by reading this WARNING

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE learn from my atrocious error and avoid TIMESHARES! But especially be cautious with Premiere Vacation Club/ILX and Diamond Resort International in Sedona Arizona and Arizona State.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2011 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PREMIERE-VACATION-CLUB-DIAMOND-RESORTS-INTERNATIONAL/PHOENIX-Arizona-85038/PREMIERE-VACATION-CLUB-DIAMOND-RESORTS-INTERNATIONAL-ILX-AND-CROOKS-Liedprofit-by-misfort-683387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PREMIERE VACATION CLUB DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

i agree

AUTHOR: ken pearson - ()

I agree dave and hopefully somebody ill step up to help us...I have been a member with grand monarchs and since being bought out they have chargrd me 50.00 dollars more per quarter on dues and I can't seem to get any help thrue g. m. I have followed thier instructions to the tee and to no avail...guess my dues went up 50.00 per quareter for something I don't weant    Ken

ya right

AUTHOR: dust724 - (United States of America)

It is just like he said.  You guys have come in a bought timeshare companies to make a profit.  You change contracts.  You raise fee's ect. I had no problems with ILX but now I do because you bought them out.  You give the number out like its going to help. It doesn't.

There may be legal hope....

AUTHOR: Vegasdiva - (United States of America)

I have just been in touch with an attorney here in Las Vegas.  If I am happy with the resolution of my case, I will post back the contact information.  Everybody ,please keep your fingers crossed!

Patrick - you have a problem

AUTHOR: Glendale - (United States of America)

These claims are exactly what I have run into the last few weeks.  I was "gifted" the ILX timeshare - one week every other year.  Diamond bought them out and changed the contract without my express consent.  I Never agreed to the point system.  Owner Services is an oxymoron.  I filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office in Arizona and am on a quest to get out from under this albatross.  Do you really really want to help people.  I would love to see you let us out of this contract without foreclosure.  That was what was suggested to me by Owner Services.  Really?

Dave in NV

AUTHOR: Vegasdiva - (United States of America)

My parents are in the same boat. They live in Vegas and have a timeshare in Sedona. Did you find or have success with a contract lawyer? If so, please let me know the contact info! Thanks.

A thought for DRI

AUTHOR: Dacli - (United States of America)

DRI continues to blame previous operators for the situation. Maybe DRI should stop buying resorts which they feel have been so badly mismanaged. If they want people to see them as a benevolent resort management company (they do not own these resorts, they simply obtain the management contracts when they buy the defuncted resort management companies) they need to PROVE it. Prove it by NOT stacking the boards with their employees. Maintain their resort contracts because they are GOOD operators, not by underhanded trickery!

Exactly what happened to me!

AUTHOR: Iguanadon - (United States of America)

Her report is not malicious or inaccurate.  It is entirely accurate and I know because it is exactly what happened to me!  Maintenance fees have risen by over 40% in the last two years.  My membership that I paid $15,000 for no longer has any value and they will continue to squeeze me for fees forever.  DRI tries to shift the blame to former owners, owners associations, whoever, but they are in control now.

Points have no resale value.

AUTHOR: gablaw - (United States of America)

Why does DRI respond to complaints with threats of litigation?  And how do they have the audacity to sell 5000 points for $20,000+ when nobody will bid even $1 on Ebay for them?

Breach of Contract

AUTHOR: Dave I - (United States of America)

I guess we have to seek a legal remedy.  We bought our deeded biennial week from ILX for... well, I'm too embarrassed to say how much.  We did not agree to the DRI 'points' system, don't understand it, and don't care to learn about it.  We feel and believe a judge will agree that the change of terms amounts to a breach of contract.

Anyway, I've contacted Diamond Resorts Int. with an offer to turn over our deed and wash our hands of this worthless timeshare.  Their reply... Your only option is to sell it yourself... maintenance fees must be paid in full... and pay us a 295.00 transfer fee.. PLUS you can't accept a 3rd party offer until ILX Aquisitions (the entity they set up for ILX owners) declines to match the price and buy it ourselves for the purchase price.

Premiere Club Connection membership and the associated benefits are NOT transferable.  (I have no idea what the Premiere Club Connection membership is)

The Nevada Attorney Generals office has a division for Timeshare inquiries, but they provided no solution.  Amazing that there's a whole division setup for this unscrupulous industry.  Have to feel bad for the employees there especially when they must be instructed to tell complaintants - you signed a contract and I can give you a list of timeshare resellers.  I thought.. hook me up with more timeshare scam companies? No thanks!

My contengency contract law attorney search is just beginning.  If there's one reading this we'll be suing for our initial payment plus punitive damages.

Dave I

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Groups against Diamond Resorts International

AUTHOR: Kpaulsen - (United States of America)

There are many groups that are banding together due to the many complaints against Diamond Resorts International, Relaxation Simplified and many Diamond Resorts affiliated companies. You can find two of the groups that I am associated with;

These are pretty large groups and very proactive!

Also ripped off in NJ

AUTHOR: nursedlh - (United States of America)

I totally agree with this and all of the posts regarding DRI business practices. I would gladly join a class action suit against this company in the US!!

Collecting testimony against DRI

AUTHOR: downwithdri - (United States of America)

I'm sorry to hear about how you were mistreated by DRI. You are one among many. We're banding together in order to collect as much individual testimony so that these guys can pay in court, or at least, those who have been wronged can get out of their contracts.

If you were lied to during your sales presentation, please contact me and add your voice to our cause.

Find out more information at:

or email me at: downwithdri@gmail.com

DRI Civil Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Calibeach69 - (U.S.A.)

Yes, I would be a willing participant in a civil lawsuit against DRI. This company took over ILX and when they did that they took over all the lies ILX sold to unsuspecting consumers, so they are responsible now. Others should respond if they have similar issues with DRI.

ILX/DIAMOND RESORTS INTL

AUTHOR: Calibeach69 - (U.S.A.)

Patrick,
My report is in no way inaccurate or malicious, it is simply the truth. How you could even reply with that is a humorous. I am the owner that was treated horrible by Diamond Resort Intl customer service rep back in January.

The terms and conditions that I agreed to with ILX changed when Diamond Resorts took over and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it! either pay or have my credit ruined. The intent of my report to rip off reports was to warn others and tell my side of the story, in hopes that it did not happen to them as well.

If you want to interpret that as malicious sitting in your corporate office, by all means do so. But this single working mother did nothing but tell the truth, sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way, maybe you can call the same Diamond Resorts CS Rep that I spoke with and he can talk you through your issues as poorly as he did for me.

Diamondresortsowners.com

AUTHOR: Gbert - (United States of America)

Did Diamond Resorts resolve your problem if not, maybe the owners they misled should join together and fight them. And yes I have spoken and hired the attorney a few months back, we are gathering facts and information of Diamonds Resorts practices. If any body is unhappy with what Diamonds Resorts has presented to them please go to the site below and see if these are your concerns also. If not let us know what your concerns are.

http://www.diamondresortsowners.com and send me an email.

Thanks,

GuidoB

DRI Avoid

AUTHOR: Tinkerbel - (United Kingdom)

Diamond Resorts took over Sunterra Timeshare and immediately put their Management fees sky high. When people tried to leave they were told this was for life!!!  The only way out is death.  I signed with Grand Vacation Club who sold to Sunterra who sold to Diamond Resorts.  I at no time ever agreed to keep this timeshare for life.  No one would.    There are thousands of people in the UK now receiving demanding letters from DRI and debt collectors.  My understanding legally is they do not have a leg to stand on.........    DRI and Mr. Duffy are not interested in helping customers, they only want their money.  His point about resorts being broke, does this mean that the weak, the poor and the elderly have to go to the wall to save DRI.  The CEO is giving away thousands of dollars politically, let him bail out the company, not the weak, the sick and the elderly.

#17 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Struck out therir claim

AUTHOR: dicko - (United States of America)

Hi all
I have not paid my maintenance fees for years because they increased way out of proportion and there was no availability.  Totally misrepresented during the sale with complete lies by their sales tactics. Now got the full DRI harassment machine with daily calls, letters and emails.  Flogging a dead horse!  However, some good news from the UK. eg - TCA http://www.timeshare.org.uk/news.html " Kings Ransome Holidays (Peachy Leisure) yesterday took a large number of its Members to Court in Manchester. Kings were attempting to claim back management fees and other monies from said Members.The Judge STRUCK out every claim, and told Kings they were liable for ALL defence costs, and ALL Legal costs."
It seems the LAW does not like timeshare! It just so happens that this company had the same contract type as DRI.

#18 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Illusury K terms?

AUTHOR: Lance - (United States of America)

Anyone actually contacted a lawyer yet?

More than just maintenance fee increases

AUTHOR: John D - (United States of America)

Hillary perfectly described what happened to us as well. We, of course, chose to opt out of the point system. Then we discovered that Los Abrogados no longer associates with RCI and that we can only trade for other properties run by Diamond.

Contract or not, this is not what we signed on the bottom line for. We bought the timeshare for the trading power.

If anyone is aware of any civil ligation being considered or already initiated, please let me know through this website. We will be extremely willing participants.

Your ILX purchase....

AUTHOR: Patrick - (USA)

You purchased from ILX, not Diamond Resorts. ILX entered bankruptcy due to many reasons. None of which are, or were,Diamond Resort related. We are managing resorts that are in essence...BROKE!

How are you going to vacation with your child if there is no resort? Who is going to pay for the operations and reserve (emergency) funds?

Please call me at 1-702-823-7660 to assist you and to clarify your writtenmisinformation. Your report is malicious and inaccurate.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Patrick Duffy