Complaint Review: PRESTIGE GOWN SERVICE/WORLDWIDE GOWN

• Submitted: Fri, August 11, 2000
  • Updated: Mon, August 21, 2000

• Reported By:Savannah Ga.
PRESTIGE GOWN SERVICE/WORLDWIDE GOWN
WAS 189-15 UNION TURNPIKE FLUSHING, NY, 11366 U.S.A.

PRESTIGE GOWN SERVICE/WORLDWIDE GOWN-FLUSHING/BROOKLYN, NEW YORK Consumer rip-off , 40+ BBB complaints

On June 2, 1998, I sent my wedding gown and veil to Prestige Gown Service (now known as Worldwide Gown) to be cleaned and preserved. I sent my gown and veil to this company because their tag on the inside of the gown instructed me to do so. The tag states "CLEAN BY ZURCION METHOD ONLY 1-800-292-GOWN PRESTIGE". After NUMEROUS irritating and harrassing phone calls to Roseanne and Stacy in which I demanded the return of my gown, I finally received the gown back four and a half months later on October 26, 1998 in THE SAME CONDITION IN WHICH I SENT IT AND THE VEIL.

I received the gown and veil in a box. The dress was loosely wrapped in plastic (that had holes in it) on a hanger. The veil was just haphazardly thrown in the box. To add insult to injury, this scam of a company charged $322.95 to my VISA card and would not credit my account after numerous other harrassing and irritating calls at the receipt of my gown.

Prestige Gown Service which has also been known as or connected with Continental Gown Cleaning Service Inc., Nationwide Gown Cleaning Service Inc., Prestige Gown Service Cleaning Inc., Gown Cleaning Service Inc., and Johnathon Ashley LTD.corporations is a known fraudulent business that was investigated by the Federal Trade Commission . You can see the full report on the Federal Trade Commission's website at www.ftc.gov.

LEWIS WEISSMAN AND GARY MARCUS ARE THE OFFICERS OF THIS CORPORATION.

You may also check out the Better Business Bureau's website at www.bbb.org where the list of complaints against this company grows daily. The last time I looked, complaints against Prestige Gown Service totalled 41.

I have complained to the Federal Trade Commission, and to the Better Business Bureau to no avail. It bothers me that this company has $322.95 of mine. It also bothers me that I had to pay interest on this $322.95. But the one thing that bothers me most of all is that this company is continuing to steal, cheat, and lie to innocent consumers like myself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PRESTIGE-GOWN-SERVICEWORLDWIDE-GOWN/FLUSHING-NY-11366/PRESTIGE-GOWN-SERVICEWORLDWIDE-GOWN-FLUSHINGBROOKLYN-NEW-YORK-Consumer-rip-off-40-BB-2899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PRESTIGE GOWN SERVICE/WORLDWIDE GOWN