Complaint Review: PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE

• Updated: Wed, April 14, 2010

• Reported By: Jay r — willoughby hills Ohio United States of America
PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE
po box 5511, Norwalk, Connecticut United States of America

PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE Priceline Misled name your own price website tools drop down menus, misleading, false no customer service, problems all around Norwalk, Connecticut

*Consumer Suggestion: 3rd Party Booking

Was on Priceline.com as I have been before, I named my own price. Here is what i was asked. Date of departure. (dropdown menu) morning, afternoon or evening. I picked Morning

Picked my departure (on the way home) I picked evening from the drop down menu

Here is what I got:

1st flight- I wanted morning. it gave me 11.59pm (why did it ask me morning and give me 11.50pm

returning flight: wanted evening.. Gave me 5.59am

are you kidding me.............this was a joke.. it gave the the 110% complete opposite of what I asked. I then called priceline and told them i didn't want this and I would apply the money spent twards one of their regular flights.. nope.. they wouldn't budge. I talked to 3 different reps.

I then called my credit card company to put a hold on the money.....they did for 30 days and then it was charged again..lost that case

Then I filed a complaint with the bbb. that was worthless. they stated that I initialed their so called contract. What does typing 2 letters really mean anyways. ARE YOU SERIOUS>.

Bottom line: i asked to take the money i originally spent to be applied to another flight that was more expensive and through their regular site,,, and received a joke of a company customer service. actually rude.

I WILL NOT stop here. I only added this in to fuel my fire.. the attorney general is next.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2010 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PRICELINE-PRICELINECOM-NAME-YOUR-OWN-PRICE/Norwalk-Connecticut-06856-5511/PRICELINE-PRICELINECOM-NAME-YOUR-OWN-PRICE-Priceline-Misled-name-your-own-price-websit-590974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

3rd Party Booking

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

I can't understand why people still use Priceline and other 3rd Party booking agencies. I assume that you save something but the problems encountered are huge if a mistake is made - like this individual encountered - or a change is necessary. The airline won't help if there is a problem because you didn't book through them. If you have to fly and don't want to use Southwest -the only airline that cares whether you fly with them  - then please buy a ticket through an airline web site. If there is a problem then at least you booked with the airline and before you hit the last button you can look at your itinerary.