Complaint Review: PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE

• Submitted: Mon, March 29, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 29, 2010

• Reported By: CentralCoastAb — Santa Maria California United States of America
PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE

PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE Priceline gouged me out of $440 by automatically booking flights I did not review. I was even willing to pay the difference to get the travel times I needed and I was told "sorry, we can't change it o Internet

*Consumer Comment: What?

Priceline.com should not be allowed to continue to rip off unsuspecting buyers through their "name your price" program. Priceline made airline reservations I did not review and told me it could not be changed, even when I was willing to pay the difference for flights that will better serve the time I needed for my conference. Priceline has stolen $440 from me and refuse to refund or change the reservation.

I will never use Priceline or any of its subsidiaries ever again and I am asking everyone to beware, priceline is dubious and corrupt in its practices.

This is wrong!

Priceline should not be allowed to do this and get away with it.

PRICELINE.COM IS A BIG RIP OFF.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2010 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PRICELINE-PRICELINECOM-NAME-YOUR-OWN-PRICE/internet/PRICELINE-PRICELINECOM-NAME-YOUR-OWN-PRICE-Priceline-gouged-me-out-of-440-by-automat-586746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE

What?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Exactly what part of the following didn't you understand.

The airlines will choose your flight times.

and

Your airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-changeable.

Your tickets will be round-trip, coach class tickets issued on one of Priceline's partner airlines. You must fly on the flights assigned to you.

If we find an airline that accepts your price, we'll immediately purchase your tickets using the payment information you provided.

You may ask where those came from.  They came from the page where you not only enter your credit card information but are REQURIRED to enter your initials stating that you read and agree to those terms.

I was willing to pay the difference for flights that will better serve the time I needed for my conference

- If you have a specific schedule then you should not have used a service where airlines assign the times to you.  But if you go through the entire process saying you agree to those terms then it is on you.