Complaint Review: PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE

• Updated: Sun, May 10, 2009

• Reported By:Pearland Texas
PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE
www.priceline.com Nationwide U.S.A.

PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM And NAME YOUR OWN PRICE NAME YOUR OWN PRICE, Rental Vehicles, BEWARE Norwalk Connecticut

I named a price for a vehicle for our trip to San Diego for our son's Marine graduation. The price was declined. I was given an opportunity to up the price and resubmit. I did, when this price was accepted the vehicle I had agreed to was not the vehicle that was listed on the acceptance form. I immediately contacted Priceline and told them what had happened. I was told that there was nothing that could be done that the reservation was Nonrefundable and could not be changed. I said I will provide proof that the vehicle I reserved was not the same one that the price was accepted for. I looked back on my computer and found the actual screenshots from the transaction. I have a program on my computer that takes screenshots every 30 seconds of all activity on my computer. After contacting Priceline 10 times I finally get an email from one of their representatives saying that they would look at the screenshots. I sent them in 3 times but no one contacted me. I contacted them again and was told that they would cancel the reservation this one time as a courtesy for a fee of one day rental. They are doing me a favor by cancelling this reservation that they screwed up. I had no choice but to agree because I could not use the vehicle they had reserved for me. I have 5 kids and we are all going to be in San Diego for the graduation. They were trying to put me in a vehilce that held a maximum of 5 people. Be very careful when using Priceline, they make it out like your getting a good deal but you aren't really. I went to one of the car rental websites and found an OUTSTANDING deal on a vehicle far better than the NAME YOUR PRICE that Priceline had accepted and it is with one of the major companies. Priceline makes money off of ripping people off!

D
Pearland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2009 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PRICELINE-PRICELINECOM-NAME-YOUR-OWN-PRICE/nationwide/PRICELINE-PRICELINECOM-And-NAME-YOUR-OWN-PRICE-NAME-YOUR-OWN-PRICE-Rental-Vehicles-BEW-450414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PRICELINE, PRICELINE.COM - NAME YOUR OWN PRICE