Complaint Review: PRICELINE

• Reported By:Livermore Maine
PRICELINE
priceline.com Nationwide U.S.A.

PRICELINE PURCHASED SERVICE NOT PROVIDED, PRICE LINE FAILS FULL REFUND INTERNET

In February 2007, I purchased 2 round trip ailine tickets from Portland Maine to Jacksonville, FL. Carrier was United Airlines/United Express.

Due to Weather conditions Outbound Flt. was cancelled earl Wednesday morning. Airline only offered outbound flight on following on Sunday evening to Washington/Dulles, with about 24 hr. layover in Washington, they would not pay for taxi and hotel. Continuing flight would arrive in Jacksonville on Monday night at midnight.

Our reason for trip was to visit our gandson and our first great grandchild, age 6 weeks. They were driving to to meet us. and had to return home by Monday noon. To take United's offer would eliminate our opportunity to meet our loved ones. We ended up taking a train to Washington, renting a vehicle and driving 700 miles to be with the family.

I returned the rental car to Washington, and found a ride home. My wife had a leg problem so she used the return flight portion of the United booking.

After about 4 months she received a partial refund, less than half. I received a partial refund and did not use the flights at all.

Price line said United/United express did not refund fees or taxes and the outbound flight my wife didn't use was less than the return flight.

At this point I guess my option is to sue in the Maine Small Claims Court.

United had been our preferred carrier for many flights, no longer.

Jerry
Livermore, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2008 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PRICELINE/nationwide/PRICELINE-PURCHASED-SERVICE-NOT-PROVIDED-PRICE-LINE-FAILS-FULL-REFUND-INTERNET-327101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PRICELINE