Complaint Review: PRICELINE.COM

• Reported By:Las Vegas NV
PRICELINE.COM
STAMFORD, Connecticut U.S.A.

Do you think I'm Crazy? Priceline. com

*Consumer Suggestion: I use priceline only for hotel rooms and have for many years and never had a problem.

I ordered tickets to go to a church conference in Phoenix, AZ on October 22-23, 1999 I asked for Flights leaving early morning from Las Vegas on October 22, 1999, and to return on a flight leaving late evening on October 23, 1999. What they gave me was a flight leaving Las Vegas at 10PM on October 22, 1999 and returning to Las Vegas Leaving Phoenix at 8AM on October 23, 1999. I immediatedly emailed them back after I got their reservation confirmation in my email, in fact I emailed them at least four times with no response. I finally got a customer service representative on the phone and he was rude and told me that it was my own tough luck and that they could book me on any flight they wanted as long as it was on the day reqested. I asked him if he thought I was crazy? what person would travel to Phoenix at 10 pm in the evening, arriving there at midnight, only to have to be back at the airpot at 7AM the next morning to return to Las Vegas. I was forced to obtain through other sources Tickets to go to the conference and they charged my credit card for the unuseable tickets.

PRICELINE IS NO BARGAIN IN FACT IT CAN BE A VERY COSTLY LESSON!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/1999 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PRICELINECOM/STAMFORD-Connecticut/Do-you-think-Im-Crazy-Priceline-com-1001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PRICELINE.COM

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: V - (U.S.A.)

Using the system for airline tickets, especially for two day trips is not a good idea. As the site explains you have very little control over the time of flight.

In some of the cases I have read about mentions getting flights for two day trips and find out the times make the trip less than 24 hours.

Make sure you read all the irections and information before entering your credit card data. If you have any questons call first and if you can't get through then buy elsewhere.