Complaint Review: PRICELINE.COM

• Submitted: Thu, June 30, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 30, 2011

• Reported By: BadMunky — Tampa Florida United States of America
PRICELINE.COM

PRICELINE.COM not a good deal if you HAVE to make a change Internet

*Consumer Comment: Of course

I thought I was getting a pretty good rate when I needed economy accommodation for a trip I planned ahead for. I learned of changes I would need to make in my travel plans well in advance of the posted and agreed upon cancellation policy. I only needed to change my check out date.
Unable to make these changes. I was told. Unless I pay to cancel and re-book my stay. " pay for the same room twice in other words.
This is the first and last time I will use one of these "discount travel sites" for hotel/ motel booking. I learned the hard way that you will still pay for it in the end!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2011 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PRICELINECOM/internet/PRICELINECOM-not-a-good-deal-if-you-HAVE-to-make-a-change-Internet-747625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PRICELINE.COM

Of course

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Of course it is not a good deal if you need to make changes.  You are getting a good rate because it is prepaid and non-changeable.  If you think your plans are going to change then you need to look at rates that allow for this.  Of course they will be higher than the rate you got because they have to "build in" the possibility that you MAY change your plans.

Had you not needed to make any changes you would have had no problems and this is NOT a RipOff.

This is really no different than airfare.  If you want the flexibility to change or even cancel your flight arrangements you can by buying the full price airfare.  Of course that will be 2-3 times higher than the "discounted" airfare with all of the restrictions.  But if you are not going to change your plans then there is nothing wrong with getting the discount.