Complaint Review: PRIVACY MATTERS

• Updated: Wed, February 04, 2009

• Reported By:Etowah North Carolina
PRIVACY MATTERS
creditsfile.com Internet U.S.A.

PRIVACY MATTERS 1-2-3, PRIVACY MATTER, PRIVACY MATTERS CREDIT SCORE, FREE TRIPLE CREDIT Unexplained charge of $19.95 showing up on my bank statements for the past 2 months on the 22nd! Internet

*Author of original report: PRIVACY MATTERS 1-2-3

In my December 2008 bank statement there was a charge of $19.95 that appeared in my checkcard transactions that I couldn't remember doing. Thinking that I had simply forgotten to enter a purchase, I wasn't alarmed and just added it to the debit column.

As I went over my latest statement I found another charge of $19.95 and this time I knew I hadn't made any purchases of the sort or had any dealings with the company listed: PRIVACY MATTERS.

So I looked on the statement and found a phone number to contact and was met with an automated system...the usual press 1 or this and 2 for that. The options were limited to 3 choices: Press 1 to cancel your membership, press 2 to place an order or check on your benefits and press 3 to retreive your membership number. I wasn't prepared so I hung up. My next call I selected option 3 and wrote down the number they gave me after giving them the info requested. It was the same number printed on my statement immediately following the company name, "Privacy Matter". The next call I selected option 1 to cancel my (unauthorized) membership.

I plan on going to my bank tomorrow taking along both statements showing the unauthorized charges made by PRIVACY MATTER. The total charges came to $39.90, so far. As far as I'm concerned, that's all they'll be getting from me!

Anne
Etowah, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PRIVACY-MATTERS/internet/PRIVACY-MATTERS-1-2-3-PRIVACY-MATTER-PRIVACY-MATTERS-CREDIT-SCORE-FREE-TRIPLE-CREDIT-Un-412202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PRIVACY MATTERS

PRIVACY MATTERS 1-2-3

AUTHOR: Anne - (U.S.A.)

I've just returned from my bank and the woman helping me reviewed my statement for any other unusual transactions and CLASSMATES popped up. I'd recently joined back in November and sure enough, the PRIVACY MATTERS charge followed 8 days later. The other point of interest was the charge from PRIVACY MATTERS took place on a Saturday. I don't know that that's so odd when I've placed online orders on weekends before.

The action taken so far has been to file a report with my bank and to cancel my checkcard. It'll remain to be seen if the money taken by PRIVACY MATTERS is returned. The other point of interest will be to hear if PRIVACY MATTERS is under Federal Investigation!

I am thinking I will notify CLASSMATES to see if they are aware of a possible hack having access to their system.