Complaint Review: PRIZE CLAIM CENTER

• Submitted: Tue, January 08, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 22, 2008

• Reported By:LakeCity South Carolina
PRIZE CLAIM CENTER
Main Street, North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-549-6021
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

PRIZE CLAIM CENTER Still Active, NOW in South Carolina North Myrtle Beach South Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Not Again

I received a call last night (1/7/08), that my name had been drawn to receive one of four Fabulous Gifts, the grand prize a LINCOLN NAVIGATOR!!! or I could trade it for $45,000 cash if I was satisfied with my current car. Second: $30,000 cash, Thrid: 8day/7night Florida Vacation (travel etc included) or Fourth: A 32 inch flat screen TV.

Waiting for the catch John explains that I would have to bring my husband/significant other since the form I filled out (didn't remember entering contest, but anyway) stated I was married between the ages of 20something and 70 and that I had a total combined income of $45,000 or greater.

Still waiting for the catch, John informs me that I would need to bring 2 forms of ID: my drivers liscense and a "CREDIT CARD THAT WILL NEVER HAVE TO LEAVE MY HANDS".

Now we are getting somewhere, I told him I was waiting for the CATCH: He told me all I would have to do was listen to a 60-90 minute talk about their company (discover travel or discovery travel company).Then we would be given a scratch off ticket to see which prize we had won and the reason my husband/ SO would have to be there is to sign the papers because it would be considered marital property.

Got a call this AM (1/8/08) on my CELL ( how did they get that??) that the email address they had didn't work and they needed to call them back at 1-877-549-6021 ext 241 with the correct email address. They can forget that!!!!

I am so glad I decided to searach them and found this info. I knew it sounded fishy and I will definitely stop them in their tracks if they contact me again.

Tish
LakeCity, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2008 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PRIZE-CLAIM-CENTER/North-Myrtle-Beach-South-Carolina/PRIZE-CLAIM-CENTER-Still-Active-NOW-in-South-Carolina-North-Myrtle-Beach-South-Carolina-298071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PRIZE CLAIM CENTER

Not Again

AUTHOR: Prizeclaimcenteremployee - (U.S.A.)

Hello miss.I am here to inform you the contest is real.Let me just say 1 thing.I sent my daughter to the contest in Northbrooke,IL.She got a vacaton.I got paid.She was happy.If it wasn't 'real' or 'a scam' then my daughter wouldn't have got a prize.I give you my word it is real.You know,I would be skeptical too.Heck I would've hung up.Well thanks for your time.By the way I work in a corporate office in Southern Illinois,not too far from SIU.