Complaint Review: PRODUCT TEST PANEL

• Submitted: Wed, October 06, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, November 04, 2004

• Reported By:ARVADA Colorado
PRODUCT TEST PANEL
3830 FOREST DRIVE, SUITE 207 COLUMBIA, South Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 803-790-8381
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

PRODUCT TEST PANEL ripoff COLUMBIA South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Thank you for the insight!

*Consumer Comment: Fair enough

*Author of original report: PTP

*Consumer Comment: check out the "participation terms and restrictions and privacy policy"

This company has obviously used people in a pyramid type scam to get many of us to sign up for legitimate business offers. I am wondering if these big companies know that Product Test Panel is smearing their good names in an effort to make a quick buck?

Is there a law firm out there that we can take our cases to? I would like to get the free laptop after I felt Ifulfilled the contractual obligation on the first few pages of the application. This is a horrible case of misrepresentation and false advertising.

Someone please help us track these dirty rotten scoundrels down and hit them with a class action lawsuit!!!

Paul
ARVADA, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2004 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PRODUCT-TEST-PANEL/COLUMBIA-South-Carolina-29204/PRODUCT-TEST-PANEL-ripoff-COLUMBIA-South-Carolina-111697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PRODUCT TEST PANEL

Thank you for the insight!

AUTHOR: Mimi - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for sharing your experience. I was temtpted to sign up for Producttestpanel.com to get the new computer. Due to your comments I will not bother and will have my name removed from their distribution list. Consumers like you who care help others from getting ripped off. THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Fair enough

AUTHOR: Grant - (U.S.A.)

Fair enough, Paul. I've done some more research and found that the last two action points are both required and add up to about $1000.00, with a lengthy obligation. Depending on which offers you choose on the first two pages, you will spend very nearly the cost of the computer. If all the offers on their own are of value to someone, it could pay off because you are getting something of value in addition to the computer. But I think for the majority of people, signing up for all the offers just to get the computer isn't very wise. Then there's the matter of if the company will even send the computer once you've completed the requirements. There are a lot of people out there who haven't gotten theirs.

PTP

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

The reason I called Product Test Panel a scam is that they changed the offer pages/groups that I had originally signed up for. I had signed up for the book of the month club and bmg music service, which were originally in 2 seperate groups.

I have severed my ties with product test panel, but I am still obligated to my commitments with the book and music companies. I still think that this is a poor way of doing business, although I guess I didn't notice the requirement to add up the action points.

I also couldn't get back into the pages that i completed when I was filling out the application. I shall not be fooled again...

check out the "participation terms and restrictions and privacy policy"

AUTHOR: Grant - (U.S.A.)

Sounds to me like some people don't read the full disclosure of terms to fully understand the requirements to receive the free computer. It is listed plainly on the company's website if you would take the time to read it thoroughly before signing up.

Here is the most pertinent section copied directly from Consumer Research Corp. website:

Specific Terms and Conditions for the ProductTestPanel.com (PTP) Membership Incentive Promotions: This offer is available to US residents only. Participants must be at least 18 years of age. To receive the free membership incentive gift you must complete all of the steps outlined herein. Prospective members must: (a) submit their zip code to determine geographic eligibility; (b)register with a valid and deliverable email address; (c) submit accurate contact and demographic information including a mailing address; (d) acquire two advertiser action points from each of PTP's three Offer Groups for a total of six advertiser action points. Action points are earned when a PTP user fully completes an advertiser offer after accessing the offer by clicking on a link provided on the PTP website or from the PTP member area. Attempting to gain action points in any way other than clicking on the advertiser links provided by PTP will result in the cancellation of your PTP membership.

In it you will read that you need a total of six advertiser action points (see article d). Sounds like you only completed two. I can't attest to whether the company is ligit, as I have only started the process with the company, but I think the consumer should be sure of all circumstances and requirements before screaming SCAM.