• Submitted: Fri, February 05, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, February 05, 2010

• Reported By: hellcatrydr — Tustin California United States of America

PROGRESSIVE AUTO INSURANCE MAJOR problem with minor claim! Internet

I am a 15+ year customer of Progressive with no tickets, accidents, and I have never made a claim. A few weeks ago someone parked next to me in a parking lot in an SUV opened their tailgate causing their spare tire carrier to swing around and the tire put a little dent in my fender. Total damage: around $800. I took a week off from work to get it fixed. The claim problems began when claim rep Stephanie declared this was a COLLISION and not a comp claim, thereby increasing my deductable from $250 to $500 even though the paint was un-scratched in and around the dent. When I tried to argue the point, she called me a liar and accused me of attempting to defraud her of the $250 difference! Then, after I got my estimates and decided on a body shop, Progressive\'s estimator didn\'t show up as promised for several days causing me to have to pay a week\'s worth of additional rental car fees to get to work.

This tiny claim was a nightmare. Claim Rep Stephanie was a heavy handed unprofessional bully whose primary motivation was obviously geared more toward her \'no claim payout\' bonus check than to helping me get back on the road. For 15 years Progressive was great at accepting my payments. But when it finally came time to make a very small claim, the friendly demeanor was gone. Never again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2010 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PROGRESSIVE-AUTO-INSURANCE/internet/PROGRESSIVE-AUTO-INSURANCE-MAJOR-problem-with-minor-claim-Internet-565010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PROGRESSIVE AUTO INSURANCE