Complaint Review: PROTECT AMERICA

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, February 19, 2004

• Reported By:ANAHEIM California
PROTECT AMERICA
5100 N. I H 35 #B Round Rock, Arizona U.S.A.

PROTECT AMERICA INC They scam you with an alarm system for 36 @ 29.95 but in small print in the contract automaticaly renews itself Round Rock Arizona

I was sold a home alarm system that was $29.95 for 3years at the end of the 36 months I was told Protect America would offer you a lower rate for monitoring because the system would then be owned by me. This was not the case. When I called to see why they were still charging my acct in the 37th mo.

they said I should of read the fine print because their contract has a automatic renewal clause & since I didnt send them a letter in my window of opportunity (between 11/17 and 12/17/03) that I was stuck with another year of their monitoring fee at $29.95 and the service clerk said - its all their in black and white in the middle of the contract- What a sleazy way to do business. They sell one thing and bait and switch you with their contract that never ends ...when you talk to them about it they treat you like you have no options, youre stuck/

Lori
ANAHEIM, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2004 11:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PROTECT-AMERICA/Round-Rock-Arizona-78681/PROTECT-AMERICA-INC-They-scam-you-with-an-alarm-system-for-36-2995-but-in-small-print-i-81083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PROTECT AMERICA