Complaint Review: PROTECT YOUR HOME

• Updated: Sun, January 22, 2012

• Reported By: JDM — OCALA Florida United States of America
PROTECT YOUR HOME
GAINSVILLE, Florida United States of America

PROTECT YOUR HOME AUTHORIZED ADT DEALER HAVE HAD 6 FALSE ALARMS AND 6 ADT SERVICE REPS. TRYING TO FIND THE PROBLEM GAINSVILLE, Florida

*Consumer Comment: There are several things to consider when having false alarms....

I had an ADT Authorized dealer PROTECT YOUR HOME.COM install my alarm system.  They then turned the contract over to ADT for monitoring.    I have had 6 false alarms during the early hours of the morning and 6 authorized ADT repairmen try to fix the system in less than a month.

Wednesday there was a service man here to fix the equipment and less than 24 hours later we were not at home and another alarm came in.  They dispatched the police as we were out of cell phone service and when I did get the call it took me 10 minutes on hold to get back to the Monitoring service to stop the police from being dispatched. It has been 3 days and I am still waiting for ADT to make their 7th Repair call.  Meanwile I am without Security and still paying.

I called Protect Your Home to try to find out if their Tech Support could help me and I got hung up but 2 customer service reps Gina and Terry Ann and the 3rd rep sent me to ADT Monitoring

The do not want to do anything but install their shoddy equipment.  I would not advise anyone to use Protect Your Home for any Security System because even though they are ADT Authorized Dealers the ADT service men cannot or do not know how to repair their Systems.  They do not even stock the replacement parts.    Buyers Beware
I

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2012 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PROTECT-YOUR-HOME/GAINSVILLE-Florida-/PROTECT-YOUR-HOME-AUTHORIZED-ADT-DEALER-HAVE-HAD-6-FALSE-ALARMS-AND-6-ADT-SERVICE-REPS-TR-826689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PROTECT YOUR HOME

There are several things to consider when having false alarms....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Do you have a motion sensor?

Do you have pets?

Is the motion sensor montioring an area where air currents could trigger it?

It's possible they have left any motion sensor on when you arm the system to "stay."

ADT may know which sensor is causing the alarm...not sure, I don't have their service anymore.

Hope this helps them analyze the problem..good luck to you.