Complaint Review: PROVIDIAN EMERGE MASTERCARD

• Submitted: Fri, June 06, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, June 06, 2003

• Reported By:Myrtle Point Oregon
PROVIDIAN EMERGE MASTERCARD
PO BOX 23034 ATLANTA, Georgia U.S.A.

PROVIDIAN EMERGE MASTERCARD ripoff business from hell ATLANTA Georgia

This is such a scam. I had a great interst rate of 12.99% which I worked very hard over several years to get after my ex-husband ruined my credit. Then I get this letter from these EMERGE MASTERCARD assholes stating that they bought out my getsmart account. Then I receive my first statement and it's a 29.99% APR. What the hell? So what do I do, I call. To start you can't reach anyone no matter what option you choose. I tried aobut four times and finally I held the "0" down until it screwed up their automated system and finally reached a lady that didn't speak but two words of English.

I told her that I wanted to cancel my card and I would pay the balance in full. She told me I couldn't do that unless I paid the balance in full and then called back. I advised her WRONG!!! I told her to cancel the account today and I'll pay the balance when I'm good and damn ready. I told her when I was ready to pay the balance I would call and do a check by mail. YAH, at a whopping $9.99. Do these people really think someone would pay that when they can buy a stamp for 37 cents. Then come to find out they aren't even located in the United States. Their customer service is located in PAKISTAN if you can believe that. I have never been so frigging pissed off in my entire life. They have already screwed my credit up by telling me that all my payments have been late since I had been with them. What was the excuse you ask. "Sometimes things aren't processed the day they are received". Is that my fault, F*** NO!! For as much as they are charging people in interest they should buy some state of the art machines or hire more people to work the graveyard shift.

In summation, they will get their money when good and damn ready. What's it going to hurt now? If you have one pay it off and get rid of it. If you're looking for a credit card, RUN LIKE HELL FROM PROVIDIAN EMERGE MASTERCARD!!! Your credit may depend on it.

Heather
Myrtle Point, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2003 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PROVIDIAN-EMERGE-MASTERCARD/ATLANTA-Georgia-30348/PROVIDIAN-EMERGE-MASTERCARD-ripoff-business-from-hell-ATLANTA-Georgia-59869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PROVIDIAN EMERGE MASTERCARD