Complaint Review: PROVIDIAN VISA

• Submitted: Sat, March 02, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, July 16, 2004

• Reported By:Vancouver WA
PROVIDIAN VISA
PO BOX 660786 DALLAS, Texas U.S.A.

Providian National Bank ripoff, Intrest rate increase on credit card

*UPDATE Employee: hey bud

*Consumer Comment: Report to higher authority

DO TO A RECENT CHANGE OF ADDRESS THERE WAS SOME CONFUSION WITH MY PROVIDIAN MONTHLY STATEMENTS IN WHICH I AQUIRED SOME LATE FEES. I MADE A CALL TO PROVIDIAN IN JANUARY 2002 TO CLEAR UP MY ACCOUNT AND TO INSURE THEY HAD ALL MY CURRANT INFORMATION. AS A RESULT OF MY CONVERSATION WITH ONE OF THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS. THE LATE FEES AQUIRED WERE REVERSED AND I WAS ASSURED NO FUTURE INTEREST RATE INCREASE OR PENALTY FEES WOULD ACCURE SO LONG AS MY ACCOUNT STAYED CURRANT.

HOWEVER REFLECTED ON MY MARCH 2002 STATEMENT IS 6% INCREASE ON MY ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE.(WAS 19.99% NOW AT 25.99%) ON MARCH 2 2002 I MADE A PHONE CALL TO PROVIDIAN AND WAS INFORMED THAT MY RATE INCREASE WAS DO TO TWO PRIOR LATE PAYMENTS AND THAT I WAS SENT A NOTIFICATION BY MAIL IN DECEMBER 2001. (I NEVER RECEIVED
THIS NOTIFICATION).

BOTTOM LINE THEY WERE OF NO HELP AND WENT BACK ON WHAT THEY HAD PREVIOUSLY SAID...WHAT CAN I DO??

Robert
Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PROVIDIAN-VISA/DALLAS-Texas-75266-6406/Providian-National-Bank-ripoff-Intrest-rate-increase-on-credit-card-15603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PROVIDIAN VISA

hey bud

AUTHOR: I Dont - (U.S.A.)

you ever pick up one of those address change slips in the ol' USPS ? yeah you know the one that states forwarding of mail may take up to 6 weeks yeah that one.... Simple solution get off yer high horse and call all your "bill collectors" and change the address.... I could give a crap what the company does now any how they hired indians from bangalore india and im getting laid off " God bless America " where Ceos live like kings and lie and the little people suffer..... I hope Providian goes bankrupt fucking sell out company~

Ahheeemm sweetie you ever sign a contract ??? yeah the kind laywers read ? well thats what you signed when you applied for the glorious Providian card. 1 late and yes the apr can climb rocket swirl! Next time you will think twice about being late on a payment.

I dont even have a stinking credit card
use this policy.... if I cant buy it today in cash I dont really need it ok .... remember that.... CREDIT CARDS are for people that want to be in debt. keep $1000 in your savings account at all times for those boo boos in life and you will never need a damn credit card

Report to higher authority

AUTHOR: Carolyn - (U.S.A.)

I think you should report it to your local State Attorney General Office, they will get this all straighted out for you. This is the first thing I would do. I know, I have done this in other situations, it works.

youd