- Report: #558425
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: PS Pros
PS Pros96 Verdi St. Farmingdale, New York United States of America
PS Pros Ps3 Pros, 360-Pros.com, 360 Pros, eSales Inc Damaged Ps3, destroyed shipping evidense, refuse to replace, repair, refund Farmingdale, New York
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
My Ps3 had been sent in for repair. "Repaired" unit returned - with the same problem as originally sent in for. Sent Ps3 back in for 2nd repair - properly packed in bubble back, and UPS insured for $350. They received on 12/29. 2 weeks had gone by with no contact. I called PS Pros for update 1/10. They then tell me it was damaged in shipment and sitting in their shop. They had NOT contacted me. They had not taken any pictures, saved the "damaged" shipping container, or contacted anyone. They then took and sent a picture of a broken Ps3 sitting on a table. Notified UPS on 1/10 - they will investigate, but doubtful without any shipping damage proof / pictures / evidense. Called again 1/14 for update - PS Pros agreed to repair /replace unit. 1/22 received email stating they will not repair. 1/22 sent email back to them stating facts and giving them choices of resolution. Both emails attached:
Mr. [continued below]....
Upon reviewing your order #36448, I see that you sent your PlayStation 3 back for warranty repair service. On December 29, we received the console back from you via UPS, at which time we noted that the console sustained substantial shipping damage. The shipping damage severely compromised the integrity of the system, including causing a crack in the motherboard.
Since you purchased the shipping service directly through the carrier, as well as the fact that there was no cushioning material used to provide protection, we are unable to provide any compensation. We do encourage you to work directly with the shipping carrier, and would be happy to provide reasonable assistance, such as an affidavit stating the condition the package was received in.
Again, I apologize for the damage sustained, and hope that you are able to obtain resolution of your claim with the shipping carrier.
The PS3 was COMPLETELY packed / wrapped in bubble pack - which is cushioning protection. Any reputable company, noting that there was a problem with a damaged package that was received would:
1) Take pictures upon receipt of the damaged package and saved the damaged package for shipping claims / insurance from sender.
2) Take pictures of open box showing damages goods inside box.
3) Notified shipper of damages and provided pictures.
Your company did none of the above:
1) You did not take pictures of the damaged package when / as received and save the package to be examined by the shipper for insurance claims.
2) No pictures were taken of the damaged PS3 inside the box showing damage.
3) You did NOT notify UPS or the shipper (myself) of any damages. This information was only discovered after I called to check on the return repair status. Only at this time, I was sent a picture of the damaged PS3 on a table. Without shipping pictures, damage will be assumed caused at your facility - dropped / damaged AFTER you received it.
Your company's carelessness has made processing the insurance claim impossible, as UPS has no package to inspect, as you have destroyed the evidence. With this carelessness, you have assumed full liability to:
1) Repair / replace the damaged system with a used / comparable working guaranteed system, or
2) Replace the damaged system with a new system, or
3) Pay the insurance claim - UPS insured for $350
I will assume that you are a reputable company and will take responsibility for your shipping / receiving department's careless mistake and resolve this issue from one of the three solutions above, and correct issues to prevent this from happening again.
I will wait for your response within 48 hours to resolve this issue, from the three solutions mentioned above, before further actions will be taken against you.
Thank you for your attention in this matter.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2010 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PS-Pros/Farmingdale-New-York-11735/PS-Pros-Ps3-Pros-360-Proscom-360-Pros-eSales-Inc-Damaged-Ps3-destroyed-shipping-evide-558425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.