Knife

• Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: BirdCityDude — Bird City Kansas United States of America
PS Pros
47-09 30th ST Ste 201 Long Island City, New York United States of America

PS Pros 360-Pros Unethical uncaring unprofessional decietful scam artists reprehensable Long Island City, New York

I sent my PS3 to this company in mid October 2012. I found them on the internet and from everything they represented about themselves, they seemed a reputable company. On their website they promised a 3-5 day turnaround on all repair orders.
 After receiving my payment, Hurricane Sandy hit. They told me that they were without power for 3 weeks and they had a backlog. I can understand this, however it is now 12-21-12 (5 weeks later) and they finally diagnose the problem as a faulty standby switch.
 Yesterday evening ,12-28-12, I received an e-mail from them stating that my system was unrepairable due to a short in the motherboard. They stated in the e-mail that I had several options on how we could proceed: 1: For a "small" additional charge($80-$100) I could receive a refurbished system or a new PS3 Slim 2: I could have them send me back my system unrepaired and refund the $100 they charged to fix the system or 3: They would refund both the repair cost and shipping charge and dispose of my PS3.
 I then called them and asked to speak to a supervisor or manager but was told no one was available on Saturday. I then told them just to refund my money. The CSR told me that that was possible however I would have to wait 7-10 business days i.e. another 2 weeks to get my money back.
 What is so infuriating is that I could have sent my system back to Sony as it was still under warranty. The problem was that Sony takes 6-8 weeks to repair or replace a system, but I was willing to pay for the repair seeing as they stated a 3-5 day turnaround on repairs. They then proceeded to take 8 weeks to let me know that my system was unfixable, and my warranty expired on 12-23-12, so now I have lost any chance of getting my system repaired.
 They will not rectify this situation other than taking my time and money and giving me the runaround.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PS-Pros/Long-Island-City-New-York-11101/PS-Pros-360-Pros-Unethical-uncaring-unprofessional-decietful-scam-artists-reprehensable-Lo-988729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PS Pros