Complaint Review: PSI Cleaning and Restoration

• Updated: Thu, October 24, 2013

• Reported By: MeeMee — Woodbridge Virginia
PSI Cleaning and Restoration
15037 Farm Creek Drive Woodbridge, Virginia USA

PSI Cleaning and Restoration, over-zealous salesman, Tyrone Did not clear out mold, they spread it. Lost everything including my health...almost died! Woodbridge Virginia

PSI was called in when we had a plumbing leak that caused major water and mold damage. The insurance company required two estimates, and PSI's quote was the higher quote, but the salesman was very convincing that they really cared and would not return if they would not be permitted (by the insurance company) to do an extremely thorough job.

I had been instructed to pack my belongings as if I were moving, and several times I had to open and re-seal the wall and as much of the wet carpet as I could.  My doctor told me to get out of the house due to my having auto-immune disorders, but instead all parties expected ME to sort, pack, and clean/seal, etc.

The required protocol for dealing with toxic substances was not followed, and there was an enormous amount of cross-contamination - which was never cleaned. [continued below]....

.....  PSI claimed to have cleaned (multiple times) areas that were never cleaned (we have had the house re-tested twice by different air-quality and mold testing agencies, and dangerous levels of several types of mold have been found with each.)  I recently tested an area I KNEW was never cleaned/remediated, and the dish turned black, green, and fuzzy very quickly!!

I was hospitalized 3 times and nearly died twice due to the spores colonizing in my lungs and neurological damage.

The PSI workers lost many of our items after the "initial clean-up" where all of my belongings (including those that should have been salvageable) were ruined due to their carelessness.  Many of my belongings were broken, and many more items are believed to have been stolen since cash from my newly-cashed SSDI was missing the same day.

This said, there is still mold in my home.  The insurance company insists that we bring PSI back into our home!!  To destroy more?  To kill me?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2013 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PSI-Cleaning-and-Restoration/Woodbridge-Virginia-22191/PSI-Cleaning-and-Restoration-over-zealous-salesman-Tyrone-Did-not-clear-out-mold-they-1094047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PSI Cleaning and Restoration